Gay Weddings

Guests

My partners whole family is very accepting, and she has tons of friends. Meanwhile, only my imediate family is accepting and I don't really have any friends. So her side of the ceremony will be full, while mine has around 5 people.

Anyone else going through something similar?

Re: Guests

• I am too. My partner's family is bigger than mine and she is inviting a ton of friends. My immediate family will be there and maybe like 2 or 3 friends. I have about 10 out of the 75 guests invited.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This is fairly common, I just asked some of our mutual friends sit on the side that had less people before the ceremony. And do not worry if you have less people, at least your immediate family is accepting and willing to support you!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I know it's common to have sides for weddings but why not just let everyone sit on either side and ask the ushers to fill it in so it's a bit more even looking? Weddings are about bringing families together and obviously some family members would like to sit together in groups at the venue but there's no reason the groups can't sit on either side of the aisle. 

Hope you have a great wedding day!

• Just don't have sides.  We had a sign at the entrance to our ceremony area that said "If you are here, you are family.  Please choose a seat whereever you'd like".  Open seating eliminates the need to have "sides".

• Try something like this... it's the sign that we're using!
  • Thank you everyone :) My problem with having her guests on both sides is that our families don't get along too well :\
  • On my side it will only be my brother (and my children but they are in the wp so won't be sitting).  We are setting the chairs in a semi-circle so there won't be distinguished "sides".  We are lucky in that we have a lot of flexibility as the ceremony is outside with a gazebo so chairs can be set however we want.

I really like the signs about all being one family and may incorporate those as well.

Since your families don't get along so well, I would just ask mutual friends to fill in and help even things out
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards