Gay Weddings

Garter

Did anyone else do the garter thing?  I'm open to it but I think it would make my FI uncomfortable.  She said whatever I wanted....

Re: Garter

• 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    NotFroofy and I got a matching set of garters.  The idea was that one was supposed to be the tossing garter and the other was supposed to be the souvenir garter.  However, since we weren't planning on doing any tossing, she wore one and I wore the other.  They were our "something blue."

• K&J64K&J64 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No we're not doing the garter. We were toying with doing a single boquet toss, thrown together, but opted against that too. They all read too bride/groom to us.

Photobucket
  • daisywithakdaisywithak member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We're not doing it either.  Mainly because I've never liked it and don't have a lot of single friends.  I think it makes single people feel silly (I could just be speaking for how I always felt!).

• llucas45llucas45 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    we are not doing a gater toss but i am wearing one.....my something blue.
    Anniversary
  • KalithiaKalithia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great, now I don't feel so bad about not having or doing the garter thing.  

For the bouquet, I'm considering doing away with that too.  My bouquet will be real flowers and my florist put in my order for a $20 bouquet to be tossed but I thought that was crazy to just throw flowers around so I was doing to make one myself but forget the whole thing.  Those extra dollars could go towards something else!  This wedding is adding up!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards