Canada
Options

You Maritimers really ARE nice people!

I've spoken with a few Nova Scotian friends who now live in Toronto about my trip too... and I swear, every one of them has been like, "Well my parents live there! You can stay with them if you like!"

I wish I came from a place this cool. I am so excited for my trip!!
Baby Birthday Ticker
Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w

Re: You Maritimers really ARE nice people!

• Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For serious, Ringy, where do you need to stay? I can hook you up! lol

I hear this a lot.  I guess we're all just so used to being friendly and having people stay and helping each other out that it doesn't register for us...? iunno! I've never lived anywhere that does it any different.

But thanks!!!

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    MissLeahMMissLeahM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When we went to NFLD in Sept we were going the usual 18km over the posted limit on the highway and we were zooming past people.. It was nice to just slow down and take our time doing things. They were the nicest people I've met.
    image Married and Junk.
  • Options
    DowSylDowSyl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    aww I love reading this. It makes me proud to be a Maritimer. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ditto pp!

And MissLeahM, I don't know what province you live in, but my Aunt & Uncle used to live in PEI and driving around there is just the same! Everyone waves to each other too. When I'd asked my uncle who it was, he wouldn't know. Just like bikers do. 

July 10, 2010 Best. Day. Of. Life.
  • Options
    MissLeahMMissLeahM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada_maritimers-really-nice-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:46Discussion:0328e933-3133-49ef-bd5e-669d5774cc95Post:4c163d36-0a0e-41b6-ab58-d408e771108a">Re: You Maritimers really ARE nice people!</a>:
    [QUOTE]ditto pp! And MissLeahM, I don't know what province you live in, but my Aunt & Uncle used to live in PEI and driving around there is just the same! Everyone waves to each other too. When I'd asked my uncle who it was, he wouldn't know. Just like bikers do. 
    Posted by dmorris5[/QUOTE]

Thats exactly what my FI says, 'bikers have an unwritten code of waving to each other' :) I thought he was just being silly. But then I started to notice that they actually do wave to each other!
    I miss driving around in NFLD (I live in Ontario), it was enjoyable.
    image Married and Junk.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards