Canada
Options

odd post

I should feel bad about this, i really should but i dont. Have any brides to be or past brides pulled the "I am a crazy bride give me what i want" card? i am in no way saying being a bridezilla is good however I am in no way a bridezilla, ask anyone in my wedding party, even Marc is saying i am handling myself well considering i am extremely anal about organization and people being on time, blah, blah. Today i went to sears to pick up my awesome ballerina inspired slippers for the wedding and i got Marcs credit card number on paper so i can give it to them. I have been doing this for a long time, either coming in with the number written down, card in hand, or nothing and got the package. Not the best way of checking ID but it worked for me, anyways i go in and they say o no you cant pick it up he has to come. I look at both ladies and say listen, he is my fiance, i can call him right now, these are my shoes for my wedding in 3 weeks. I have come in here many times and didn't need the card or him and if this is a new rule then put a sign up or if its an old rule train your employees better. I want my wedding shoes now because i have to go meet with my photographer! Of course i had nothing to do after but they looked a little scared and i go my shoes. I could of come back with marc but i would of had to wait till the weekend and i was there and well it worked. So yeah just wondering if there were times you pulled that attitude. (that was the only time for me and i think the last)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: odd post

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Well....the only thing that comes to mind is if you pulled it off so easily, what if some other girl HAD stolen your FI's credit card number and they just rang it through?Maybe ask your FI if he can also get you on the credit card.Then you don't have to go to such drastic measures, lol.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm. I don't recall ever having the occasion to pull the bridezilla card, and if I did, I probably felt too self-conscious to actually do it anyway.Out of curiosity, why did you have to use his credit card... do you not have your own?
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using my FI's card for big purchases, because he gets TD travel visa points that we are using for the honeymoon, but of course I have already given him the money for things like my dress and accessories!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Call me crazy, but I actually appreciate it when companies actually check things like that. I thanked a girl at Jacob last week for asking to see some ID because my signature is almost gone on my credit card. Save yourself some future hassle and get him to get you a card on his account too! I did it with my husband before the wedding and it saved a ton of hassle. Highly recommended.
  • Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just read the last post and walked into the living room and asked my FI - can I get YOUR credit card with my name on it? He says "yeah, easily, for $60" - like it's no big deal - I say "WHY have we not done that yet, considering you've had to sign consent for a lot of purchases for the wedding in the past few months?". Hilarious - honestly I should have known that, but I didn't really think about it. My credit card doesn't get as many points! Anyway, I have yet to have a bridezilla moment...but I still have a long way to go...we'll see.
  • Options
    miellenmiellen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    With all the identity theft problems happening these days, I think it's foolish for stores to let people use someone else's credit card... am I crazy for thinking this??
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    what an annoyed me is that it was never a problem before and no i do not want a credit card because i do not save well, and no i did not have his credit card on hand i had the number. I have gone to sears many times and done this and now because its so close to x-mas they have a problem i dont buy it, keep the rules the same or post signs And i did not feel self conscious cause they were giving me attitude as well so i gave it back in full. Also the post was not about how you felt about sears...guess you all read into it what you wanted..which is i need a credit card and sears was right.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    o and when i use his sears card i do put my money on to buy what i need to buy, i do not just use it to use it....im not that much of a b****
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards