Canada

Edmonton Bridal Salons

Hey Canadian Knotties!
I'm new to the boards, 9 months away from the big day, and have just started wedding dress shopping. I'm having trouble with the available options in Edmonton for wedding dresses. I really want to have a nicer quality fabric to my dress like real silk and french lace, not a cotton poly blend, and most of the salons I've looked up on google carry almost exactly the same brands that are beautiful designs but synthetic fabrics. I do not have an extravagant budget but want to make the most of it. Does anyone know of maybe a salon downtown, or even Sherwood Park or St. Albert  that carry designers that use non-synthetic fabrics? I was also really intrigued about blush as the colour of my dress but it seems no salons carry them, "it's not a popular colour.'

Help in either case would be so helpful! Neither my mother or bridesmaids live in Edmonton so it's a bit of a lonely process. Thanks!

EDIT: Or Calgary? 

Re: Edmonton Bridal Salons

• Hello!

There is a Canada-Alberta board.  You should also try asking there, as this is pretty much a board for everyone else (I'm in Sask)

Congrats and good luck!
  • edited February 2012
    Delica bridal (south side/ellerslie) carries a lot of higher end dresses and I have heard good things about Nouvelle (sp?)(Jasper ave area) I found my dress (high quality lace over satin) at crystals bridal (north end) -  and they had a lot of fabulous dresses and they were the only store in edmonton to carry the designers they do. I have also heard great things about the bridal house. I wound up buying my dress at ethos in west ed mall solely because it was less expensive - they were great there, but I have no idea if they had a good selection because I didnt even try any dresses on there.
    Lustre studio in west ed mall...AWFUL. dont go there, no selection and shittiest service ever
  • I hope you've found your dress, but if not I bought mine at The Bridal House in St. Albert. They were wonderful there. My sister in-law bought her dress at Ethos also, the consultant she had was great.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards