Canada
Options

Lake Superior Circle tour

Getting married in northern Michigan in Sept 2012 and then planning on driving around Lake Superior. Any "must see's" on that route? There is a wolf sanctuary in Minnesota I want to see. What's Thunder Bay, ON like? We will be cossing in to Canada at Sault Ste. Marie and making our way west.

Thanks!

Jill - Michigan Bride
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Proposal Site: 12/29/10 United States Capitol Building Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Lake Superior Circle tour

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thunder Bay is my homtown and it's awesome!  Check out the Sleeping Giant Provincial Park, (it's an island on Lake Superior) it should still be open depending on the time of year.  There's great shopping, and good food too.  The Valhalla Inn is a gorgeous place to stay, and if you are into history, check out Old Fort William Historical Park.

Make sure to stop in White River and Wawa on the way to T.Bay from Sault. St Marie.  Wawa has a huge goose, great photo op, and White River is the birthplace of Winne the Pooh.  Well, the soldier who owned the bear the stories were based on, anyhow.
    June 2012 Sig Challnege July: Ceremony Location
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    southofnormalsouthofnormal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info, maritime bride! The provincal park sounds interesting and I'll look into Valhalla Inn! It's always so nice to get tips from the locals!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Proposal Site: 12/29/10 United States Capitol Building Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    avsfan33avsfan33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is dead but I currently live in Thunder Bay. If you stick to the attractions, it's a great place but beyond that it's dirty. Sleeping Giant Provincial Park is beautiful. If you enjoy hiking I'd suggest Mount Mckay. Kakabeka Falls is super beautiful (approx 20 minute drive outside the city and also a Provincial Park). Fort William Historicial Park (Old Fort) is actually really interesting if you're interested in history. The Cascades are also really nice.

There are nice areas in and around Thunder Bay. Terrace Bay is also really nice. The highway has beautiful scenery on the way to Thunder Bay and be careful for moose and deer! The drive from Minnesota is also beautiful.

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards