Canada

Bummed

I'm going to have to get a second job.  Unsure if I'll be able to even afford to get married :(   It seems things are working against us here.. Just needing some knottie vibes to cheer me up.  Thanks!
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Bummed

• unplainjaneunplainjane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sorry to hear about that. have you considered some more inexpensive wedding venues. for example if your parents or someone close to you has a nice yard you can have your reception there and make the food yourselves. there are different things you can do to that will work with your budget. we've booked our venue but one day recently i was looking out into our backyard and thought the yard is really nice we could've totally done our wedding here and saved a bundle. remember the most important thing about the day is that you're marrying the man you love. good luck!
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear that :( I remember encountering that feeling, a lot.

Anything we can help with?

*hugs*
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • edited December 2011
    Have you already booked a venue, or finalized your guestlist. I found that cutting back on the guest list was the best way to save money. Have you thought about doing a brunch reception? Or even just serving cake and punch?  Good luck =)
  • edited December 2011
    See if you can do things for other people.  Sometimes they will pay you more since they will give you cash for odd jobs.  So when you work it out per hour... it really adds up to more than you make.  See if you can do stuff for your parents like painting and stuff like that around the house. 

Keep your head up and look at all your options and don't be shy and both of you should talk to each side of your family...

Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As the other's suggested, I'd be looking at ways to cut back on the budget before having to get a second job.  We've got lots of tips!
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions... it's a bit hard since we live across the country from my parents and he doesn't speak with his.  I am trying to think of ways to reduce costs... but I can't seem to come up with anything that will work.
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards