Canada
Options

Using a wedding coordinator?

Hi,

I wanted to know how many people were planning on using a wedding coordinator- specifically those planning on doing a thrifty wedding. I guess I am curious because with a low budget I assume this would be the first thing to go. I also ask because I have been toying with the idea of starting up my own wedding planning business and all my experience has to do with how to save money on weddings and with low cost weddings. Any input would be great.

Re: Using a wedding coordinator?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We're using a Day of Coodinator because I'm a bit of a stress case and don't want to have to worry too much on my wedding day.  We chose the most basic package as we were only looking for someone to help ensure the day runs smoothly rather than someone to organise and plan the wedding for us. 

The cost of our DOC isn't ridiculous and I think that it's worth it if it helps to alleviate stress.

Hope that helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did without. It would have been a huge waste of money for me - I'm a pretty organized person when it comes to performances.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We just hired a Day of Coordinator but also have 10 hours with her before the wedding to use however we wish.  I want her input on the final decoration of the hall because we're doing a theme and I need to make sure it flows properly. 

The package wasn't really expensive and I don't want to stress on anything that day so for me it was well worth it.  We're also working with a fairly tight budget.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're using an Event Coordinator! They are awsome and really affordable! Not only are they helping us the day of, but are taking care of everything 2 months before! I pretty much do all the front work and they look after everything else! They have great suggestions and great connections with other vendors that saved us money and time! Not to mention my sanity! If something goes wrong on our wedding day we won't know about it! It will just get magically fixed! :) Me likey!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Don't even get me started on our Wedding Co-ordinator!
    We hired her for a day-of package, but she also does cakes.  I've seen her cakes and they're gorgeous.  I've been trying to get in touch with her for 2 MONTHS now about our cake, but she seems to have disappeared off the face of the planet.  We finally had to find another cake person.
    The last time I actually spoke with her was way back in November.  I've tried e-mailing, Facebooking, phoning and texting her with no response.  I am so pissed off right now.  I even got in touch with her sister, who I know from playing softball with, and she tells me that when she spoke to her she was told that she e-mailed my FH.  My FH has received no such e-mail.  He checked every file in case it went to junk or something, but found nothing.  We're looking into small claims court, but I think we may have to wait until after the wedding so that she "hasn't performed the duty we hired her for".  AArgh!  So frustrating.  Luckily our family and friends have been supportive and have offered to help out if she doesn't put in an appearance for the wedding.  I'm at the point where even if she does show up, I don't want to be bothered. 

Sorry about the venting, lol.
  • Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We aren't using one that is hired - the Royal York has someone in charge of the day, however, who will have all our schedules for reception events and timelines, etc., but we are on our own for the ceremony and pictures.  I'm pretty organized, and plan on giving all my emergency #'s and contacts to my MOH to deal with any minor stuff.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards