Canada

Decor & Floral Pkg

Hi, I'm wondering what options you ladies are finding  more cost effective:

A decor pkg that includes floral (bouquets, boutonnieres & floral centrepieces) OR
going about it separately with different vendors (contracting flowers out to a florist, decor out to a decor company).

I'm in a bit of a dilemma about this right now.

Let me know your thoughts!

Re: Decor & Floral Pkg

• LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It really depends on what you want in terms of decor.

Our room doesn't need any draping or tulle or anything, and all we need to rent are linens and chair covers.  We did flowers separately, including centerpieces, and then rented linens at a different location.

If you feel that your room needs a lot of decor, a full "all - inclusive" package might be easier on your stress level and budget.  

You really need to shop around and find out what places offer you.  A lot of big decor places would rather do everything than just rent linens.
  • Ninica_84Ninica_84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It depends on what you want and need for both flowers and decor. I personally did it separately because the florist gave me a great deal on all of the centerpieces and bouqets, etc.
    On the other hand I wanted some decor stuff as well so I was able to pick what I need and don't need. ( I wanted a canopy for the ceremony and the backdrop and head table covers). Evrything else is provided by the hall.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I did mine separately and got a better deal and then took it back to my florist and asked her to match the deals I'd found, which she did.
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't really speak to the cost effectiveness as I had really minimal flowers and I used the in-house linens... but stress-wise, the fewer vendors you have, the better!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice ladies! Now, can anyone recommend a good florist and decor consult? :-)
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where abouts are you in Toronto - there are tons all over the place, especially the Woodbridge area for decor.
  • rktorkto member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    no decor - my halll is so lovely and they include linens.

the flowers are on their own
    I heard that Pink Twig (I think that is the name) is an affordable option for flowers.
    It is in Little Italy
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Littlin, I'm in Oakville. I have heard of good decor places in Woodbridge and am scrambling to find their info. I got some info at the bridal show I went to in Jan. Let me know if you know of any good ones! :-)
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am going to see a place out there next weekend, so I'll let you know how it goes.  I'm only getting linens and chair covers, however, because our room already can hold its own without the other decor.

FI's family is from Oakville, let me ask and see if his mom knows of any good decor places - she loves to throw a good party!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards