Canada

Decor Vendors

Who are you using for decor to jazz up your venues?

The banquet room of the golf club I am getting married at is lovely but definitely needs warming up. I will need chair covers, linens, some draping and if they also do floral work, some centrepieces.

Is there anyone in the GTA area not exorbitantly priced that you can recommend?

So far, I've been recommended Got U Covered Inc but they are quite far - out in Concord.

Another vendor is Rachel A.Clingen designs. Gone to her site and she seems to do some beautiful work which means $$$$$$.

Any insight / help anyone can provide would be much appreciated!

Re: Decor Vendors

• Sunny0710Sunny0710 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Elizabeth at EventDecorator.Com - she was recommended to me by the event coordinator at my venue. She does GTA, Muskoka and Destination.
    Her work is beautiful (see her site), and she has been fantastic to work with so far. We have changed our ideas several times and she always gets back to me with an updated invoice right away.
  • edited December 2011

Thanks for your input Sunny! I'll be sure to check her out :-)

• LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just went to "Under Wraps" in Woodbridge this morning - I found them to be very helpful and they had a lot of choice.  I'm only getting tablecloths and chair covers, so you'll have to ask them about more decor - swagging, etc., but I believe they do all of that as well, and the prices were very reasonable.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Littlin! I've added "UnderWraps" to my list :-)
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I TAKE IT BACK - Under Wraps is being very shady...they won't give us an exact breakdown for our quote - considering it is just chair covers and linens, plus a little extra for the head table, it shouldn't be too hard.  They seem very persistent in asking for a 25% deposit, but not so good about the details or a contract.

I've read a few bad reviews as well, so I'm very hesitant to move forward.  I've already contacted a few other places.  So be careful with Under Wraps - they are very nice and polite, but be wary of their policies.  Sorry to jump the gun on a recommendation!!!  
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to "Have A Seat" this morning - the staff seemed friendly enough, and they had a detailed price breakdown, but it was out of my budget range.  Didn't have an amazing experience (they didn't really seem into helping and offering suggestions), but not bad.  Seeing another tomorrow...I'll let you know how it is!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards