Canada
Options

1st Dance song!?

Hi Girls,
I am looking for suggestions for a first dance song with FI - any ideas?

Re: 1st Dance song!?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    what kind of music do the two of you like? We are dancing to a Van Morrison song, "into the mystic".

Do you like country, contemporary, classic stuff?
  • Options
    mflowers929mflowers929 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI and I picked something that kind of reflected our relationship. We'll be dancing to "I knew I loved you (before I met you)", since we met online and dated for a number of months before we met in person =)
    December 2010 siggy challenge - Caketopper:
    cake crown Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used "You're Everything" by Michael Buble.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz - a bit more up tempo than some first dance songs, but we love it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lost in This Moment by Big & Rich
  • Options
    lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pick one.  There are 3 pages.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did There She Goes (my beautiful world) by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds. Not a traditional choice in any sense, but sooo much fun!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We can't decide between 2 songs, but here are our 2 choices.

1. Everything- MIchael Buble
    2. Only You- Joshua Radin

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are dancing to Be Mine by David Grey. We had chosen Unbreakable by Westlife but when my FI sent me Be Mine, I was hooked. I definitely would chose a song that reflects your relationship or that you have an emotional connection to.
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Depends on you two...do you want upbeat? slower? funky?  What kind of music do you like?  Pick something to fits your relationship and your personalities.

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Girls,
    thanks so much for your suggestions!!

I am a more outgoing type of person, but FI is incredibly shy, so I think the song would have to be slower, on the more classical side. I was toying with the idea of maybe getting us some dance lessons and doing something a bit more upbeat for our first song, but he really didn't like that idea. I don't want him to feel uncomfortable on our big day, so I think we'll end up going with something slower for the big day.

As for any songs having significance to our relationship, there aren't really any that come to mind...I wish there were, it would make it that much more meaningful!

thanks again, ladies!!!
  • Options
    raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We danced to You and I by Michael Buble.

I think the way we decided was fun.  We were coming back from a weekend away in Stratford (saw Caesar and Cleopatra and had a fantastic dinner) and were listening to the Bubles on random.  That song came on and we both just looked at each other (as much as you can look at another person while driving) and said, "yup, that's the one".

So just listen to some music together, and see what happens!
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We will dance on a Cristina Aguilera song : The right man.
    I really think that its a personal choice depending on ure history and on ure tastes... our song suits us perfeclty, it reprensent our past, our future and the present...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are learning the foxtrot and swing and are dancing to "something wonderful" by Michael Buble. He seems to be a popular choice based on this forum!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Goo Goo Dolls - Iris
    U2 - One
    Keith Urban - Only you can love me this way
    Brad Paisly - I thought I loved you then
    These are my favorites so far, but, I think our first dance will be to U2. Unconventional I think, but, lots of meaning for the two of us.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    APW2010APW2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's a lot of unconventional choices here :)
    We are going to dance to Hard to Concentrate by the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

I was having trouble imaging what song to use, and we didn't have any that are significant to us, so I started thinking through our favourite bands. This song was an obvious choice from that approach.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards