Canada

Ottawa Area Brides

Hi Ladies!

My fiancee and I just got engaged and started planning our wedding about a month ago. We are aiming for September 2013 but have already started looking for venues and so on. Just wondering if there are any other Ottawa brides out there I could get in touch with and maybe we can share information.
All the best!

Re: Ottawa Area Brides

• Hi,

What kind of information are you looking for and I'll see if I can help you out.
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • Looking for venues and invitation ideas currently. We've looked at a lot of venues but we wanted soemthing modern with a more open feel and other than the art gallery, we havent had much luck. Any ideas?
  • I am getting married at the National Art Gallery on September 15th 2012 :)
    Not in the great hall but in the water court foyer.
    If you need any tips/advice regarding local vendors, I can def tell you about my experiences ;)

btw, CONGRATS! :)
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • If your guest list isn't too big and you're willing to consider having it outdoors-ish, I would recommend the Mackenzie King Estate in Gatineau Park. It would be a beautiful setting in the autumn. I wanted to have my wedding there, but my guest list alone exceeds the limit, never mind my fiancee's list.
  • there are sooo many great pleaces.

Bean town ranch - East of Ottawa
    NAC - Downtown
    National art Gallery - Downtown
    Gatineau Park - Other side of the river
    Le Belvedre - Wakefield
    Wakefield Mill - Wakefied 
    Military Messes - downtown
    Strathmere - West of city 
    Orchardview - South of the city 
    Tutar Hall - Huntclub area

If you're looking for a photographer let me know.  I have one that I signed that is a great price and offers a referal discounts  :0) 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada_ottawa-area-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:46Discussion:b8058553-4296-4190-8ad4-64488c370a15Post:f40e72ae-1620-43b8-b0b9-e432a8740274">Re: Ottawa Area Brides</a>:
    [QUOTE]there are sooo many great pleaces. Bean town ranch - East of Ottawa NAC - Downtown National art Gallery - Downtown Gatineau Park - Other side of the river Le Belvedre - Wakefield Wakefield Mill - Wakefied  Military Messes - downtown Strathmere - West of city  Orchardview - South of the city  Tutar Hall - Huntclub area <strong>If you're looking for a photographer let me know.  I have one that I signed that is a great price and offers a referal discounts  :0) </strong>
    Posted by JenM123[/QUOTE]

I'm still looking for a photographer for May 2013... could you send me the name of the person you signed? So many are so expensive, and we can't afford an expensive wedding... Thanks!!
  • If you dont want to pay a lot and you are ok with someone who shoots alone I would suggest Jenna Sparks Bradbury. She is really great and easy to work with and has a great eye. She is very reasonably priced.

For venue... have you tried the museums?Civilisation, war museum. aviation museum? they are very open.

or depending on your guest list there is The Urban Element in Hintonburg that is in an old fire station. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards