Canada

Canada Post

I just want to let all Canadian knotties know that before you start putting postage on your invites go to more than 1 Canada post outlet and get your invites weighed and sized.
I went to 1 location and she told me my invites were oversized and weighed over 80 grams so I would need $1.29 on each invite. Fine. I go home attach the required amount.
I'm ready to send my invites today and decided to go to a different location just to make sure I have enough postage. The guy tells me I have WAYYY too much postage.
My invites actually weigh 23 grams and are NOT oversized. I would have been fine with 1 $0.61 stamp. So I've just wasted $22 on stamps that I can no longer peel off my invites.
Thanks CP.

. Anniversary aandt image

Re: Canada Post

• I couldn't be bothered to go to 2 CP outlets. I'd be ticked if I went to two and then was out $22 though. But if I went to one and $22 too much, I'd just be happy I didn't waste time and money.

I'm happy our invites are card-sized so they won't be over size or over weight.
  • Yea, there both about 5 mins from my house but at opposites ends. But yea, I was not very happy.
  • I had the guy at the post office put it through the little slot to make sure. I would be super pissed if that happened to me :(
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • bongebonge member
    First Comment
    i would be pissed too, the ppl at my post office are awesome though. I would have weighed it on a gram scale first.
    230 image Invited
    154 image Are ready to party
    56 image Missing out
    20 image Can't find the mailbox (tick tock)

RSVP Date: 6/1/2012
  • MadisonpennyMadisonpenny member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada_canada-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:46Discussion:b970e376-0523-46c9-86ec-03b7cfb0a390Post:db2ff22d-c89e-445f-8205-480d3c07459c">Re: Canada Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]i would be pissed too, the ppl at my post office are awesome though. I would have weighed it on a gram scale first.
    Posted by bonge[/QUOTE]

They did.. hence the .80 grams.
  • bongebonge member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada_canada-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:46Discussion:b970e376-0523-46c9-86ec-03b7cfb0a390Post:5f2ea717-5172-4ae2-a72c-e9a17f44a304">Re: Canada Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Canada Post : They did.. hence the .80 grams.
    Posted by Madisonpenny[/QUOTE]

No, i meant you. Do you not have a scale at home for cooking?
    230 image Invited
    56 image Missing out

• I can add a small rant to this post.

I've had a couple returned to me because I forgot the unit number (one I actually forgot and the second I followed the address FI's mom gave me). So because of this they crossed out the address and stamp with a pen so I couldn't reuse any of it (enveloppe, seal, stamp, returned address label) They could've just put the sticker that said why it got returned as that was easy to take off.

A third one went into oblivion and FI's sister never received hers. There's a return address label don't understand why it didn't get returned.
    Planning Bio Updated June 12/12 Lots of Wedding DIY Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • bongebonge member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada_canada-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:46Discussion:b970e376-0523-46c9-86ec-03b7cfb0a390Post:a03577f9-eda4-4454-8553-f2349d960389">Re: Canada Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can add a small rant to this post. I've had a couple returned to me because I forgot the unit number (one I actually forgot and the second I followed the address FI's mom gave me). <strong>So because of this they crossed out the address and stamp with a pen so I couldn't reuse any of it (enveloppe, seal, stamp, returned address label)</strong> They could've just put the sticker that said why it got returned as that was easy to take off. A third one went into oblivion and FI's sister never received hers. There's a return address label don't understand why it didn't get returned.
    Posted by mricher1983[/QUOTE]

<div>this right here, i didn't know my cousin lived in an apt & they sent it back, crossed out saying incomplete, but then the post office puts a sticker on top of that saying return to sender so it is ruined. </div>
    230 image Invited
    56 image Missing out

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards