Washington-Seattle
Options

BBQ caterer/diy

Hey ladies! My Fiance and I have decided on having bbq for our reception. What I would love to do is have some friends bbq the meat, and have some family and myself make side dishes/deserts. However, we've also thought it might be better to just hire somebody to grill for us, or even hire a caterer.

We would like to keep food costs down as much as we can. Any suggestions/reccomendations?

Re: BBQ caterer/diy

• Options
    sparent2010sparent2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A lot of bar-b-que places have catering available.

eta: Where are you looking to have the reception at?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Larry's Smokehouse ( http://www.larryssmokehouse.com/ ) and I was very happy with the service we received.  It was a much cheaper option than traditional wedding catering. 
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Famous Dave's does BBQ catering, and they are pretty affordably priced too, if I remember correctly from the brochure that I read (was too busy chowing on the free sample to really read the brochure, lol).  :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sparent - We're looking at having it at Tolt MacDonald Park in Carnation.

mgoss - Larry's looks delicious! We'll be scheduling a tasting there, thanks for the suggestion!

blgrout - I had no idea they'd offer free sample tastings, I told my fiance and he was all over it!

Thanks!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Famous Dave's has a 15 dollar option. Idk if you will find a place that is cheaper than that, even if you DIY it! 
    Go to the next couple bridal shows, because they often show up thre and have more info, good deals and coupons, and of course samples ;)

• Options
    IkandKiIkandKi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mmm Famous Daves... :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am also looking at doing BBQ for my wedding, there are numerous catering locations between tacoma and Seattle. There is Branks BBQ that is a little closer to Auburn but the prices seem to be extremely affordable!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards