Canada
Options

Show Your Bling!

Hi Everyone,

Our wedding bands have come in today and it got me thinking.  We talk a lot on this boards about wedding stuff, (For me a lot more then to anyone in person) AND yet despite all of this talking, I have yet to see all of your E-rings (and wedding bands)!

I would love to get to know everyone better, so how about it?

Post a picture and your proposal story.

On a beautiful August long-weekend at Banff National Park, Alberta Canada,  my FI and I went hiking up to the Plane of Six Glaciers at Lake Louise. Long, long hike and I almost found the ring when I was getting something out of his bag!  On our arrival at the top of the climb we climbed up to the highest point that we could "safely" get to so that we could enjoy the view. And in the company of the glaciers, mountains and waterfalls he proposed to me.  

Re: Show Your Bling!

• Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awww - such a nice romantic story!  Thanks for sharing! :)

Mine is simple, and I'm lazy so I copied and pasted from my bio:

Matt and I were up at the cottage for the Easter weekend.  His family was coming up on Friday and we went up on Thursday night.  It was very cold so we lit a fire and were going to watch a movie.  Matt was getting us wine, and I was sitting on the couch, in my sweats, all covered up in blankets.  Matt comes walking in, and I look over and he has champagne glasses with strawberries.  He says to me "we have something to celebrate" - so at first I thought he got a promotion at work or something along those lines.  Then I saw the little blue box, and after staring dumbly for what seemed like an eternity, I figured out what was going on.  He got down on one knee and asked me to marry him, and I think I may have just stared at him while figuring it all out, and then, of course, I said yes.  I didn't cry, but I was pretty shaky and shocked, and I laughed a lot after...maybe a bit hysterical...

I don't have a great picture of me and the ring - but it's the classic tiffany setting.  I'll add a picture from our e-session with a bling shot!

• Options
    mel66mel66 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great idea for a post. I'm also curious to see everyone elses E-ring!

The Story: (sorry I took this from an old board post of mine... if it doesn't sound right, it's because I posted it right after it happened)
    He's been bugging me and keeping me in suspense for a few weeks. I know he had something planned for that weekend, but I had no idea what. Friday since we both get home from work late we just had a lazy night and didn't celebrate too much. Andrew told me we where celebrating on Saturday, and he wasn't going to tell me anything until the next day. So lunch time on Saturday he asked me what I really wanted to do that day. Thankfully he knew that, and booked accordingly. We had a hotel booked in Niagara Falls and he told me we where leaving in a few hours. In Niagara Falls we had an awesome dinner, and then walked down to the falls to enjoy the lights and stuff. We stood right at the opening of the Horseshoe Falls when Andrew decided he needed to tie his shoes. I decided to just look out at the falls. All of a sudden he says "Well since I'm down here"... he pulls the box out of this coat, opens it...and my jaw drops. Then he asks the magical question, "Will you marry me?" I couldn't believe it. I kept my cool for the most part, but I did have tears. It was so amazing! He even asked my parents for permission a few weeks ago!

My E-Ring:

*Melissa*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    *Our furbabies: Oski (dog), Jax (cat)*
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    ~*Good luck to my BFPB's: MercierGirl, DBoo0510, mrskristend821, & NewbieLisette*~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My boyfriend and I took lots of motorcycle day trips on the weekends. The last one we took of the summer he popped the question. It was a normal day of lunch, funny pictures and enjoying the sun. We sat by the river after we had eaten to relax and enjoy the weather. He gave me a wildflower and asked me if I liked it. I said yes. He told me I would like this better, and got down on one knee and opend the ring box. The sun was shining perfectly that day so the diamond sparkled like crazy. He didn't get through his whole speech before I was saying "Yes" in tears.

• Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So...I'm not engaged yet! lol But we've been talking about it for some time and we've looked at rings.  And I love hearing everyone's stories...so keep 'em coming and I'll tell mine as soon as I have one!!

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were at home, and I had been sulkily watching the Olympics on TV for what seemed like hours to him. Finally, I got up to make a snack in the kitchen.

Next thing I knew, I turned around, and there was a trail of Ring Pops (hence my SN) leading to the bedroom. I followed the trail and found 2 boxes of chocolate on the bed.

I asked him which one I should open first. He said to open the red one, so I did, and started eating a chocolate. He told, "I think you should eat them ALL," but I said I would in good time (I like to savour chocolate, and there were 9!)  He sighed and dumped out the whole box, and the ring box was at the bottom. He didn't make a big speech and I didn't cry, but we couldn't stop smiling the rest of the day.

Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Everyone's rings are beautiful!!

But Ringpop I LOVE your ring!! It's fantastic!!

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    miellenmiellen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had been suspicious about a proposal for about a month before it actually happened. So everything FI did was suspicious to me, even when he made dinner plans for new years eve (2008 into 2009). After dinner, he mumbled something about going to his car and abruptly went outside. I started getting nervous because I thought for sure he went to grab my engagement ring to propose.

When he came back, he had a present that was much bigger than a ring box. Confused, I unwrapped it, to open a box that said Nikon (it was a lens that I had been wanting). I was secretly disappointed but pretended to be happy. When I opened the Nikon box, it was another box, this time with the ring inside. I bawled my face off and didn't hear a word he said.

Yell

• Options
    edited December 2011

Fi proposed at home in our living room on my 25th brithday. I knew he was taking me for brunch and he kept trying to lure me into the living room (he says). He said "Don't you want your birthday gifts." and I said " Nope, i'm an adult now, I can wait til after breakfast". He finally got me to come to the living room where he proposed on one knee AND THEN we went for the most delicious brunch.

• Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    3plus3plus member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here's the best pics I have of my ring.

There's a whole proposal story in my bio, which noone can see right now because the stupid knot has decided I don't need to have a sig!  ARRGH!

Anyway, he took me down to see the Christmas lights in the park downtown and proposed there.  I knew it was coming by how he was acting the few days prior and the fact that I was there when he purchase the original ring.  I didn't let him know that I knew though.  That was his moment.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards