Canada

how did you find your photog? referrals for Toronto

how did you find your photographer?
how much are you spending/did you spend?

I am askng for some referrals from friends but any referrals from you ladies?

Re: how did you find your photog? referrals for Toronto

• silversparkssilversparks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Heavenly Photograpy - www.heavenlyphotography.ca

They were a referral from a friend and we LOVED them. Totally amazing to work with. It's a 2 photographer sister-brother team and they only do one wedding a day. We took the all digital package,so  but I don't remember exactly the cost, it was certainly competitive though. And we have the rights to our photos, we've got the dvd and can do whatever we want with all 1300 of them now. I highly, highly recommend them with no reservations whatsoever.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We are using 5ive15ifteen photography. We almost went with this company called littlebluelemon, but they SCREWED us at the last second (which was really too bad because their work was good, and their rates were great 2000 base price) the company we ended up going with is more expensive than LBL. Pick up a copy of Toronto Life Wedding Edition - IT IS SO SO AMAZING!!!!!! They have tons of referrals in all the categories! Another good one a friend of mine is going with is Ikonica. Boston Ave. is also supposed to be good, but I didn't think they were worth the price when I went there. But my advice is to book one soon! they fill up SOOOOO fast! GOOD LUCK! :)
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine is my FI's cousin - Joni Allardyce.  I think she charges $2000 as a base price.  www.joniallardyce.com to check out her stuff and her blog.
  • edited December 2011
    I"m using a photographer from Vancouver (he's coming to Mexico) who just moved to Toronto - Dean Sanderson.  Our engagement shots are in my bio.

www.deansandersonweddings.com
  • edited December 2011
    Our photographer was Judy from Elementz of Foto.  She is AMAZING.  Check our photos in my married bio Wink

Her website says her coverage starts at $2500

• missgeemissgee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you havent come across Tara mcMullen's website in your searches yet, I recommend you check her out! I love her fun style, and will fly her out to Nova Scotia if we can work out a date!
  • onetieronetier member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    www.greengeckophotography.com

We used them 3 years ago and their pricing was very good.  I do have to say I loved my photographers and I found they went above and beyond what photographers usually do (the assistant helped me fix my veil all day long in church and helped my put on my tiara, etc.).  They were just fantastic to work with and felt like part of the family.
  • edited December 2011
    We booked Assaf Friedman - his rates are super reasonable ($1550).  He has already done our engagement pics and everyone who has seen them loves them.  Assaf is great to work with and made me feel really comfortable, which is important if you are camera shy.

http://www.assafphotography.com/
  • edited December 2011
    Really curious - what happened with Little Blue Lemon?  We're considering them...yikes, maybe not!
  • edited December 2011

Here's my story of how littlebluelemon screwed me over:

I went to meet with them with my fiance, and we talked about it, but it just so happened that our engagement party was happening later on that same day, so we didn't get a chance to get back to them to say yes we wanted to hire them until the next day (a sunday) at around 12pm at which time they said "sorry we are already booked". I was really pissed about that because when I asked them, they told me that no one else was as of yet interested in that date. I thought they should have done me the courtesy of at least calling me and saying, ok listen, someone just called and wants to come in to discuss that date because for the money I would have saved if I had gone with them, I would have left my engagement party and driven over to give them the deposit!! So I was just really bitter about that, and that's how they screwed me over (sort of). I'm just really bitter about it. BUt they are nice enough people and their work is really good, esp. for their price...it just really pisses me off because it seems as though their business ethics are horrible. 

~Skittle

• libertaslibertas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When we were still trying to figure out venues, I searched for one of the ones we were considering on Flickr to see how it looked during a real wedding and I came across Kevin Lam (http://www.kevinlamphoto.com)'s work. We met with him and booked him shortly thereafter.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards