Canada

Bridesmaid Dresses and bridesmaid problem!

Hey Girls,
Where did everyone get their bridesmaid dresses in Toronto and the GTA? How much did they cost you and what material are they?

Also, one of my bridesmaids is just completely ignoring me and being totally nuts!!! Anyone else have stories of Bridesmaids gone maidzilla?? How do you deal?

Skittle

Re: Bridesmaid Dresses and bridesmaid problem!

• ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my BM dresses at Chris & Tina's in Scarborough (Parkway Mall at Victoria Park & Ellesmere). They were long poly satin dresses by Alfred Angelo and cost $210 each + tax, and $50 each in alterations. There were probably cheaper dresses but one of my BMs insisted on a long dress, and since there were only 2, we decided to get identical dresses.

My BM was a little overzealous about wanting to help - perhaps she was trying to live vicariously through me? She wasn't crazy, but a little annoying. So, at the suggestion of my brother's girlfriend, I gave her some side craft projects like a card box and seating chart. :)

How to deal? Vent about it here!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My girls got theirs at The Dressroom on the Danforth - they arrived well in advance and the girls have already picked them up.  They  have tons of Dessy and Alfred Angelo dresses if that's the route you are going.
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and they cost $215 with tax, and are made of midnight blue "Nu-georgette" fabric with a matte satin sash.  The dresses are tea-length (pics on my bio).
  • miellenmiellen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've got four bridesmaids and we've got 2 of the dresses so far. I'm going for the non-traditional bridesmaid dress route and all are different styles and colours. They are from RW&co and about $90 each. I'm not sure what the material is but they have a sheen to them, are strapless and really cute (and wearable again and again).

One of my bridesmaids will be wearing a trousers, vest and tie getup as well.
  • edited December 2011
    My bm's got their after six dresses (nu-georgette/te length) for 189.00 at Saratina's bridal in Oakville.
  • suzie173suzie173 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can I ever identify! I have 2 BMs ignoring the wedding completely, one in Toronto--I'm actually from Nova Scotia-- who refuses to order the dress with the other 6 (she can get the same one cheaper, she says) and the other(local BM, FSIL) hasn't even been measured, didn't come with us to pick them out, and feels there's a ton of time left. The others are getting p.o'd with her because the ordering is on hold waiting for her.We're not waiting for Toronto but expecting hers to arrive in a different color or something else to go awry with it,but the consensus is that she'll be theone feeling awkward as a result. Have e-mailed both repeatedly, called, to no avail. Any advice out there on how to handle either?
    Suzie and Tom: Livin' the Dream!
  • edited December 2011
    Hey Suzie,

Sounds like we are in similar situations with pissy BM's! For your FSIL, what is her reason for not wanting to go in and get measured? If she says she is "too busy" to go get measured right now, maybe you can ask her what her usual dress size is, and tell her that while she might think there is a lot of time, you need to place the order by whatever date in order to get them back into the store. You might even order the dress in a size bigger than what she tells you, because then you don't have to worry about it being too small, because they can always be taken in.

As for the Toronto girl, how much cheaper can she get the dress for? Maybe you can offer to pay the difference (hopefully this will make her feel bad) Or just tell her honestly that your are worried about the colour coming in differently and that you've heard horror stories. Hopefully after that, she won't be too unreasonable!

Let me know how it goes! Good luck!
  • raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My ladies ordered theirs at Coachouse Bridal in Waterdown.

The were $180, nu-georgette and tea length.  (Dessy collection 2721)

We got lucky because the salon was having a promotion for their aniversary.  If my BMs ordered in the month of Feb they didn't have to pay tax, so that helped.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards