Canada

Caterer/rental company in Ottawa?

Looking for recommendations of affordable but quality caterers and/or rental companies in Ottawa. We've spoken to a few so far, but given that our wedding is in February, I don't feel like the quotes have been in line with an off-season discount. Any suggestions or recommendations of options to avoid? Thanks for any help!

Re: Caterer/rental company in Ottawa?

• edited December 2011
    Thyme and Again (pricey) and Tulips and Maple are my two favourites.
  • edited December 2011
    Good to know, thanks for the input! We already met with Thyme & Again, loved the wedding coordinator and the menu looked great, but it was a bit pricey. We're meeting with Tulips & Maple on Monday.
  • CMJ&MDL2010CMJ&MDL2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Good luck!!!  I know that in planning guides they say go with this day or this month to get a discount, but every vendor with whom I spoke in Ottawa said them's the rates, period.  I may not have hit up the right vendors ... but it started to seem to me like the market is really not competitive here and they don't need to discount in order to drum up business.  So we figured we may as well go with a Saturday in June -- didn't seem to make a difference in the costs!  But, like I said, we may not have met the right vendors, especially as our focus was on a downtown location.  Let us know who you go with, I'm curious to know where the deals are!!!  :-)

• edited December 2011
    You should contact the culinary arts dept. at Algonquin College, they might be willing to do a really awesome menu for half the price of what you would pay a catering company. Just an idea, and you never know if they might have other suggestions. Usually all of their teachers are fantastic chefs.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards