Christian Weddings

Anyone around? Inspirations for the Week?

Hey ladies!

What's your inspiration for this week?  Any inspirational quotes, Bible verses, quotes from your pastor or minister? 

I'm getting my car repaired tomorrow from last week's rear-ender.  Got things worked out with the other driver's insurance so I get a rental car until mine is fixed.  Woot!  

My quote for this week: With God, all things are possible. 
July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!

Re: Anyone around? Inspirations for the Week?

• edited December 2011
    Great quote and so true. I have 2 for this week:

1. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with Thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 4:6-7 

2. My pastor was talking about advent today- anticipating Jesus' coming. She was discussing fear and she said, "There's no need to fear, our Savior is here (almost)."

I have jury duty tomorrow for the first time ever. I am nervous, so I will keep these quotes in my mind.   
  • fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I was home with my family this week, which was nice, but my mom realized (or...vocalized) that this is my "last" Thanksgiving home for a while, my "last" Black Friday with the girls, my "last" time decorating the tree with my brothers for a while...it bummed me out a little, but I am thankful she is realizing these things now and not next October if we have to tell her we can't make it home. 

My car is being weird...it wouldn't start Tuesday night, but my dad worked on it and the battery only had a 50% charge.  He charged it overnight and it started fine Wednesday morning, but then it started acting...odd...on the way back to school today.  I'm just really really praying that it holds up for another year or so...I'd like to have a full-time job before I have to get another car.  uggh.

Anyway, our worship pastor preached this morning on Jeremiah 18:1-10, and drew out God's attributes of Design, Mercy, and Integrity, and our call in His Workshop (the Great Commission).  Pastor D spoke about being willing clay in the potter's hands...how a potter works and works and works on a piece until the POTTER thinks it is perfect...the clay doesn't just jump off the wheel when the CLAY thinks it's done.  He spoke about going where God wants you to go...whether it's talking to a coworker, going to a closed country, or going to Kansas.  =)

Favorite Quote from today: "True faith leads to a life of gratitude and service, while presumption leads to complacency."
  • edited December 2011
    I don't have any super inspirational words, but I could certainly use some! I think we all could of course :) My housing situation could get very complicated in the next month or so. My roommate's dad may be moving out of state and he is her only family here (along with her high school age sister). So if they move, she will be moving as well. The house we live in is owned by her dad, so he'll probably rent it out but I can't afford it on my own (or really at all, given my job situation) nor do I know anyone who needs a place...so we'll see what happens there. On the positive side, I have an interview at Starbucks on Tuesday and I'm finally get the last training for subbing! So who knows, maybe I WILL be able to afford to rent the house out...then comes the issue that I have no kitchen stuff...hm.

Anyway, I would just encourage you all with a reminder for what the season we're in is really about. I'm sure we all hear it all the time, but I know it can be hard getting caught up in the "magic" of Christmas rather than the "miracle" of Christmas.
  • fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_anyone-around-inspirations-week?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:066177bc-926e-49af-899b-d10fee30db75Post:ad474cc1-22e7-42b8-a76f-6bd8c163852d">Re: Anyone around? Inspirations for the Week?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anyway, I would just encourage you all with a reminder for what the season we're in is really about. I'm sure we all hear it all the time, but I know it can be hard getting caught up in the "magic" of Christmas rather than the "miracle" of Christmas.
    Posted by rachelea[/QUOTE]

I wish there was a "like" button for this.  :)

Praying for your roommate situation.
  • edited December 2011
    I need some inspiration about finances!  My money and my FI's money is super tight right now!  I am praying for the Lord's provision and our ability to survive this tough financial month.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • edited December 2011
    AshNoel, I really appreciate your Phillippians verse.  That's pretty much exactly what I need right now!
  • edited December 2011
    jenn- I'm so glad that verse helped/inspired you! I will keep all of your girls in my prayers this week. 
  • edited December 2011
    Oops, I meant to say, "all of YOU girls", not your girls. Haha guess I'm tired. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards