Christian Weddings
Options

Christian themed Wedding stuff :-)

Hey ladies!  I JUST received the cake server/knife set and toasting glasses I ordered and I love them!  On Friday I got the ring bearer pillows and flowergirl baskets that match.  Originally, I had planned to just go with the most inexpensive items I could find, but then I saw these online and fell in love!  I will just include one link, but you can see the other items in that same design.  (They even have a garter with the little cross on it, but I opted against that one!)  Anyway, they all look very nice and seem sturdy and well made, so  I would definitely recommend them if you are looking for something simple.

http://www.orientaltrading.com/ui/browse/processRequest.do?demandPrefix=12&sku=26/2251&mode=Searching&erec=1&D=religious+cross+wedding&Ntt=religious+cross+wedding&Ntk=all&Dx=mode%2bmatchallpartial&Ntx=mode%2bmatchallpartial&y=0&N=0&requestURI=processProductsCatalog&x=0&sd=Religious+Cross+Wedding+Ring+Pillow

Also, on a non "stuff" related note, has anyone ever seen a cord ceremony done instead of the unity candle or sand?  My fiance and I are planning on doing it, I just haven't actually seen it done and was wondering how guests received it.  (If you know nothing about it, it is where the bride and groom braid a cord of three strands to signify the importance of keeping Christ in the center of your marriage.)

Happy Wedding Planning! 

Expecting our first... Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Christian themed Wedding stuff :-)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey ladies!  I JUST received the cake server/knife set and toasting glasses I ordered and I love them!  On Friday I got the ring bearer pillows and flowergirl baskets that match.  Originally, I had planned to just go with the most inexpensive items I could find, but then I saw these online and fell in love!  I will just include one link, but you can see the other items in that same design.  (They even have a garter with the little cross on it, but I opted against that one!)  Anyway, they all look very nice and seem sturdy and well made, so  I would definitely recommend them if you are looking for something simple.

http://www.orientaltrading.com/ui/browse/processRequest.do?demandPrefix=12&sku=26/2251&mode=Searching&erec=1&D=religious+cross+wedding&Ntt=religious+cross+wedding&Ntk=all&Dx=mode%2bmatchallpartial&Ntx=mode%2bmatchallpartial&y=0&N=0&requestURI=processProductsCatalog&x=0&sd=Religious+Cross+Wedding+Ring+Pillow

Also, on a non "stuff" related note, has anyone ever seen a cord ceremony done instead of the unity candle or sand?  My fiance and I are planning on doing it, I just haven't actually seen it done and was wondering how guests received it.  (If you know nothing about it, it is where the bride and groom braid a cord of three strands to signify the importance of keeping Christ in the center of your marriage.)

Happy Wedding Planning! 

Expecting our first... Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just got Oriental Trading's Wedding catalog in the mail the other day.  They do have alot of nice inexpensive wedding stuff.  The cross on the garter though does seem a little much!Smile

Never saw a cord ceremony, but I have seen a sand ceremony. 
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had the greatest intentions of doing the cord.  My sister (an ordained pastor) read Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 and talked for about 5 minutes about the significance of Christ as a member of our home.  I had prepared the cords (3 of them) for us to braid as she talked.  The day got so crazy that I totally forgot about it and thought that I didn't have the cord.  So as my sister got up to speak, I whispered to her that I forgot it so she improvised and didn't mention the cord.  The whole time it was on the piano in the chapel! When we got home after the HM, we braided it.

A lady in my church framed our invitation with a braided cord inside the frame.  It is beautiful!  I think the cord is such a great symbol of the three people in a marriage when you are trusting Christ as the head of your home.  And the scripture in Ecclesiastes is a wonderful scripture about the benefit of two over one.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hmm - never seen it.  sounds beautiful though!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got a bunch of stuff from Oriental Trading.
  • Options
    kkidd28kkidd28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing the three stranded cord ceremony at our September wedding.  Go to Godsknot.com and if you are a fan of theirs on facebook, there is a discount code of 10%.  Hope that helps!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing the God's knot as well.  We ordered it from the site mentioned about and it's really nice.
    He that findeth a wife, findeth a GOOD THING!! small2 small Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That sounds beautiful - I bet if you look it up on youtube you might be able to find a video of it! I'm so glad I just clicked on this post - I love that idea!
    Erika & Joel
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards