Christian Weddings

i HATE invitations

picking out invitations has been my LEAST favorite part of this whole process! i have been looking at them since January..and still havn't picked any out! i have been ALL OVER looking too. 
i am sooo over looking. i ordered some in red, black, and white...and then changed my colors. I have the invites i bought sitting at my house right now and i am debating whether or not to return them. i just feel like i already have them....and i just don't wanna deal with them. i dont LOVE them..but i dont HATE them. its just a minor part of the wedding anyways. most likely ppl will just throw them away and won't even remember that the invite was red, black, and white and my wedding is purples and pinks. 

my sister (MOH) HATES my invitations. i just thought they were simple and would get the job done. lol. 

this is what they are..but with a b&w photo of FI and i. 

idk.... you know when you try on too many dresses it just gets overwhelming and it feels like you are just drowning in a sea of white?  i feel like i am drowning in a sea of paper! but i have to figure it out now! i mean the invites need to go out like next month! ah! 

Re: i HATE invitations

• AllyG303AllyG303 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    totally understand!  When I first got engaged, it was my favorite thing to look at and I had high hopes of DIYing pocket folds and adding ribbons and rhinestones.  Then I decided why put the time and effort and money into all of that.  My sister (MOH) designed ours (& our save the dates which are a little more pertinent to us right now and also match our invitations!).  I LOVE them now.  Could you find someone on etsy to do the design?  Or do you have somebody who's good with photoshop?  That way you have the design and can upload it onto a website to be printed (vistaprint prints custom designs, we're going through some photography company that prints on pearlized paper).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What are you looking for, do you think?  If you envision the perfect invite in your head, what does it look like?  Budget?  I'd be happy to do some looking for you :-)
  • iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Invitations were the one thing that DH wanted to provide input on.  He picked out 3 and asked me to pick one of the three.  I didn't really love any of them but since he was showing interest, I picked one.  You are right - nobody will remember them.  Our invites had no correlation to our colors.

Why does your sister hate them? 
  • GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think they look fine.  I definitely wouldn't buy another set.  It's not worth the money!  Once you send them out, you won't have to look at them again unless it's in your scrapbook.  But it will get worse... you'll deal with the frustrations of people RSVPing (or not)!
  • edited December 2011
    ya...i don't even know what i am looking for in invitations. i just kept looking and looking. i have been to WAYY to many websites: etsy, 123print, annsbridalbargain, magnetstreet, weddingpaperdivas, exclusivelyweddings, invitationsstyles, davidsbridal, vistaprint, lovebugweddinginvitations, and zazzle. yup! i am over looking! 

i just feel burnt out. its been my least favorite part. idk why my sister didn't like the invites i bought. she just said they were ugly. 
  • mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If it makes you feel better, I haven't really looked. And I was told by my planner she'd shoot me if I didn't order them by the end of the month. Haha!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually like your invites! Very classic and pretty!

And girl, I feel you about hating invitations! I bought ours from Michaels spontaneously one day and can't decide if I like them or not. They're pretty and they were affordable but I feel like I want something a bit fancier. That being said, I have no clue what!!

Honestly, if I were in your shoes, I'd keep your invites. They're pretty and more importantly-- you have them! One less thing to worry about! Also, keep in mind, we put in all this hard work on paper stuff when the majority of it just gets thrown away by guests.. ;)

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    faith - haha! thats how i feel! i have them....one less thing i have to deal with. sure i wish they were in my NOW wedding colors...but oh well. its not gonna kill me..and i doubt ppl will remember anyways. they are bought and paid for and in my possession. i am fine with it. lol
  • GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_hate-invitations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:2ee36a87-ad8a-4da8-bcb9-ffe14723f95dPost:52518678-596e-4854-8f30-b483c1e314cb">Re: i HATE invitations</a>:
    [QUOTE]faith - haha! thats how i feel! i have them....one less thing i have to deal with. sure i wish they were in my NOW wedding colors...but oh well. its not gonna kill me..and i doubt ppl will remember anyways. they are bought and paid for and in my possession. i am fine with it. lol
    Posted by amongthelilies25[/QUOTE]

<div>Your wedding colors, if I seem to remember correctly, aren't that much off, right?  I didn't stick strictly with my colors.  I'm doing blue and pink, but my wedding invites are blue, red, and purple.  </div>
  • edited December 2011
    my wedding colors now are purple, pink, and fuchsia. 

they were red, black, and white. 
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't worry about them not matching-- they definitely don't have to!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like your invitations a lot!  Really crisp.

Assuming you like the design (and it's just the colour coordination that is the issue), have you checked out the personalization option on those invitations?  It says you can change the colours.  Maybe you can change the red to pink and add some purple and have black/pink/purple invitations?

That being said, red and pink/purple are close and ditto PPs no one will remember...!  As long as you and your FI are happy that's all that matters.
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Have you ever thought about having them designed for you, or designing them yourself? I hated everyone I saw in my price range, and everything I liked was out of my price range, so I just designed my own.

Just a thought.
  • edited December 2011
    I designed my own on zazzle.  I found an invite that was my style, and totally changed up the fonts and colors and moved things around and picked a fancy paper and it looks nothing like the original.  PLUS I've been making commission off of them because other people are using them, so I got credits and discounts off my purchase price!  they ended up being like $1.07 each, which was REALLY cheap! 
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry you're having a rough time picking out invitations. I didn't see anything that really caught my eye either when looking for invites for our wedding except ones that were WAY out of our price range of course. I had started DIY'ing a lot of projects for our wedding, but I never in a million years thought I could do our invites. But a bunch of girls on my local made theirs using supplies from Cards & Pockets and I loved how they came out. So, I decided to try it and see if I could come close to my visions, and I am still so proud of myself for making our invites. They were beautiful and our guests were shocked when I told them I made them and designed them myself. I decided I wanted 5x7 pocketfolds, so I designed the invite itself that would lay over a mat, and the 3 inserts that went into the pocket which were the accomodations card, the directions card, and the RSVP card. I uploaded my designs and emailed them to their printing center. Bonnie in their customer service department is wonderful to work with! I ordered several samples from C&P until it came out exactly how I wanted, and then placed my full order. I had them send me the pocketfold kits so I didn't have to cut and measure and they also did my printing for me so I wasn't battling with my printer at home. The ink quality was professional and beautiful, much nicer than if I had printed them at home or at work. All I had to do once they came in was assemble them with double sided tape. So each night while DH was playing video games or we were watching tv, I assembled 10 or 15 at a time until I was finished. I also ordered a custom stamp for the return address and then had my mom address them with a calligraphy pen.

http://www.cardsandpockets.com/

P.S. Ignore your sister, this is your wedding and all that matters is that YOU like the invites (and your FI of course) not her!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_hate-invitations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:2ee36a87-ad8a-4da8-bcb9-ffe14723f95dPost:79333964-97f8-4505-9bd1-1654e7efae96">Re: i HATE invitations</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you ever thought about having them designed for you, or designing them yourself? I hated everyone I saw in my price range, and everything I liked was out of my price range, so I just designed my own. Just a thought.
    Posted by agape1cor813[/QUOTE]
    I can design some for you!  I am a former web/graphic designer and I made my own from scratch!
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with what some other girls said about having them designed for you, if that's in your price range. I had a very specific vision for a very specific theme and I knew I would never find what I wanted exactly, so a girl I know designed mine exactly as I pictured and they are perfect. You should let sessions design them for you! That's the beauty of this board- everyone is so kind! 
  • edited December 2011
    TBH, I'm not a fan of them.  I think you should return them and get new invitations that at least match your new colors.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards