Christian Weddings

Intro Post

Hi ladies! :) I've posted a few times so I guess I should do a formal introduction of myself... haha! My name is Laura! My FH & I met during our last year at college (my 5th year, so I'm a year older than he is) through his younger brother.

I was in marching band all through high school & college (woo band nerds!) and played trumpet throughout high school, picked up French horn during junior year and then stuck with that all through college. FH was in the men's choir on campus, and was in show choir all through high school. (The men's choir is not at all like Glee. The high school show choir, however, is.)

I didn't grow up in church. During my "victory lap", my FILs actually invited me to church with them several times before FH & I started dating. I got involved with a church on campus, and was baptized a month before graduation. My parents were able to be there for it, and so was his whole family. 

FH & I are currently living just over 500 miles apart from each other, and we're not sure if we'll be able to close the distane before the wedding. We don't have a definite plan yet for after the wedding, since I'm still job hunting near where we want to end up. We've been together for 2 years + a month, and we've been in a LDR for about 17 months of our relationship. It's a challenge, but we both know that it will work out in His timing.

Re: Intro Post

• Congrats!! How did he propose, or is he still waiting to see you to do that?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited January 2013
    He and a good friend came to visit me in VA this past October. We did some things in the area, and I had a job interview up near him the Monday after they were planning on leaving. So I rode back with them to IN, and he & I drove up to our alma mater. We planned on meeting up with some friends at our favorite coffee shop on campus after my interview... and then THIS. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9xVQnwRI_I :-D

ETA: A girl was nice enough to approach me after it happened and said, "I don't mean to be creepy, but I filmed it on my phone. Do you want me to send it to you?" I could have hugged her. I think I may have, actually. 
  • Welcome!

GL on the LD, they are so hard.  
    That is really cute the girl was able to video tape it for you.  :)  
    Favorite animal?  
    Favorite author? 
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_intro-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:3b8d723e-409a-499b-8859-e3efae99276dPost:1ef4981f-47ec-441e-ac8a-d51b6ab47e93">Re: Intro Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome! GL on the LD, they are so hard.   That is really cute the girl was able to video tape it for you.  :)   Favorite animal?   Favorite author? 
    Posted by ravenray[/QUOTE]

<div>Animal: lion. :D</div><div>Author: oooh, that's a hard one.. A couple of my favorites include Ted Dekker, Francine Rivers, JK Rowling (of course), Tolkein, and, even though I know he's not "really" an author, Rob Bell. One of his books (Sex God) changed my life. (As well as a sermon series by Andy Stanley. Another of my favorite "not really an author" authors)</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards