Christian Weddings

Prayers Please!

So a few weeks ago, FI found out his grandmother has throat cancer. He said she'd been having throat pains for about 6 months, but never went to the doctor. Now, from what I know of her, I think that was just her being stubborn. But maybe a little bit of not really knowing anything could be wrong. At the time she was diagnosed, they were unsure what stage it is.

Yesterday, FI told me that they now know she has Stage IV throat cancer. They removed her back 4 teeth so they can prepare to start doing radiation treatments. FI and his grandmother have a strange relationship. His whole family thinks she may be jealous (weird, I know but still) of the fact that his grandfather (her husband) always spent so much time with him whenever he was a child. FI has always been his grandfather's favorite. And FI's family has said repeatedly that they think his grandmother sort of resents him or is jealous of him for that fact. But despite that, it is his grandmother, and he does really love her. And FMIL is really torn up about it. So if you could just keep FI's grandmother and entire family in your thoughts and prayers, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!
the reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected. ~nicholas sparks<3</center>

Re: Prayers Please!

• FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will be praying!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will pray.  That's kind of scary for me because I have sore throats a lot which my doctor has told me is due to allergies so I kind of ignore it.  If it was ever for a reason not allergy related, I probably wouldn't know until too late.
  • edited December 2011
    praying for them. This has to be scary for them!

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Praying!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_prayers-please-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:42dad152-f6de-4a77-9fd7-176725cc153dPost:7398c68d-1482-4840-86f1-50d69a9657d3">Re: Prayers Please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I will pray.  That's kind of scary for me because I have sore throats a lot which my doctor has told me is due to allergies so I kind of ignore it.  If it was ever for a reason not allergy related, I probably wouldn't know until too late.
    Posted by iamjoesgurl[/QUOTE]

Well, two of the leading causes of throat cancer are heavy alcohol and tobacco use. FI's grandmother is a smoker and a heavy drinker. So I'm sure that's probably what brought it on.

I would say you're fine, unless the sore throat is not what you're used to (meaning, the same symptoms, type of pain, etc.). If it ever is, that's when I'd stop ignoring it.
    the reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected. ~nicholas sparks<3</center>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards