Christian Weddings

Ask ME Anything!!

It's my week!

Come on, ask away!
My blog
"I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV

Re: Ask ME Anything!!

• You hadn't met Ryan before you flew to India, right? Was that completely nerve wracking?!

What is your favorite Bible story? Do you have a favorite verse?

Favorite book?
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • You hadn't met Ryan before you flew to India, right? Right (well not in person)

Was that completely nerve wracking?! No. I was nervous about India, not knowing when I'd see American loved ones again, and meeting my in-laws, but I wasn't nervous about Ryan. 

What is your favorite Bible story? Hmm. Not sure. My fave chapter is John 17 though.

Do you have a favorite verse? Amos 4;13

Favorite book? God Calling by the two listeners edited by Russell circa  1934
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • How did you meet Ryan?

Since moving to India, what has been the hardest thing to get used to?

Going off that question- since moving to India- what has been the most fun, coolest, thing?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What is the food like in India?

When is the next time you will see your family?

Doing anything fun since this will be your first Christmas celebrating together?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • How did you meet Ryan? We met on a Christian dating site (christiandatingforfree.com). The rest of that story is on my blog under "Our Story"

Since moving to India, what has been the hardest thing to get used to? His family, probably. Just the different dynamics. Well, I should say household. We have servants and I find that awkward. Not just the feeling of like class separation, which as an American and Christian disturbs me, but also not being able to communicate with them (they don't know English) and getting used to them coming in. Like Ryan freaks out if I leave out valuables or if my underwear is on the top of my hamper. I feel like I need to clean up before the servant comes, and that makes me go, what's the point? But at the same time, having been unemployed for years prior to this, I wouldn't want to do anything to endanger their jobs so I don't voice my discomfort.

Going off that question- since moving to India- what has been the most fun, coolest, thing? Ryan. Being with him. Snugging him. Kissing him. Watching him cross the room. Going in an autorickshaw with him (that was exciting!)

What is the food like in India? Good. And the same. I admit I'm beginning to feel like there is less variety here than in America. It is good (except this awful, awful thing callled 'bitter goads') but repetitive. Oh, and lunch is the biggest meal of the day, so I am finding myself hungry some nights, since my stomach is used to supper being biggest.

When is the next time you will see your family? I don't know. I have a return ticket for April, but no ticket back to India. So if we can find the money for a one way, maybe I'll go then. If not, the return ticket expires and who knows when we'll afford a round trip. And I have no idea when Ryan will get to meet my parents. That part, the not knowing when, is really hard.

Doing anything fun since this will be your first Christmas celebrating together? Woo-ee is that a saga! To be as short as possible, his mom decided last minute we were going to get a cabin the mountains with Ryan's aunt and uncle. Ryan didn't want to pay for that, since we have a wedding to save up for so we had to find people to stay in the apartment with us while his parents left (propriety). We did, and then officially cancelled, and then his dad said he couldn't afford to go and cancelled. Whether it's because Ryan bowed out, we're not actually sure. Ryan's mom was upset, his aunt and uncle cancelled the whole thing saying the point was the whole family was going to be together... 

So now we're staying home. It's tense. 

We have Christmas lights outside and no tree, not sure if we're getting one. They were going to, but haven't still. They apparently don't wrap presents, so don't know how that works. "Christmas cakes" is apparently the biggest, most important tradition, which is entirely new for me. We should be doing church. It sounds like we'll be having Christmas lunch with the aunt and uncle and cousins we were going to go to the mountains with and they were talking about "prawn curry" as the special dish... that or a roast turkey. lol. We'll see.
    My blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards