Christian Weddings

Weekend plans

What's everyone up to this weekend?

MH is out of town for a bachelor party, so I'm staying in today doing homework, working on a photo album (and maybe scrapbook), and reading.  I started reading Catching Fire last night.  It's the second book in the Hunger Games series.

I think I'll walk to church tomorrow morning now that the weather has cooled off (highs in the upper 80s!).  Then in the late afternoon I'm meeting some people in the downtown/trendy area for a street fair with the local shops and restaraunts.  I'd like to walk there too because parking is horrible on regular weeends, but I'm not sure I should walk back by myself after dark.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Weekend plans

• faith415faith415 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sounds like fun! I just finished the Hunger Game Series a few weeks ago and absolutely loved them!

My only real plans are cleaning my apartment and doing all the homework I've been putting off!
  • azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Today is for catching up on housework, and maybe doing some cross-stitch. Then tonight DH and I are going to his brother's house to watch UFC. 

Tomorrow is a big church meeting and potluck. If the congregation passes it, DH will be getting a raise and the new title of Music Minister!
  • SoonToBeGenaoSoonToBeGenao member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oooh everyone's plans sound great. And The Hunger Games series is amazing! I read all 3 in like 2 days, I just couldn't stop! The movie is coming out in march woo!!!

For me, today working until 3, then we get to go meet our new furbaby!!! I think we've decided to call him Milo. And it's going to break my heart to meet him and leave him for a few more weeks, but its best he stay where he is until the HM is over..

Mostly just work this weekend. It's my last few days of work before 3 glorious weeks off for the wedding and HM!!
    There's only 1 way 2 say those 3 words and that's what I'll do... I love you Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, my weekend kicked off when I stayed home Friday with a 101 degree fever.  I slept the majority of Friday - got up at 5:30 to send in sub plans, back to bed at 6:30. got up at 1, back to bed around 2, got up about 4 when my mom called, back to sleep right after that, got up about 6:45 because my parents were bringing me food, back to sleep about 8, and got up at 3 am when the fever broke, hallelujah!

Today I had a sewing class, but I rescheduled it because of yesterday's fever.  I have no idea what I'm doing the rest of the day.  Mom and I were supposed to go get new running shoes yesterday but didn't since I was so sick, so maybe we can go today.  Tomorrow H is off work (yay!) so hopefully we'll find something fun to do together.
  • mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    H and I had a date night last night. We saw Contagion and went out for a late dinner after he got done on campus. Contagion is awesome! We're huge science nerds, though, so we enjoy those kinds of monvies.

Today I had a Healthcare Provider CPR class. Learned how to use an AED and that was the only difference between the class I took less than 3 months ago, so I really felt like it was a waste of my time. *sigh* H is at work until 5 and he needs to finish a book this weekend so we'll probably just bum around for the rest of the evening.

Tomorrow is church.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • ochemjennochemjenn member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ended up on the Barnes & Noble website looking for free ebooks.  I found some Christian historical romances!  :)

I was sick when my friends went to see Contagion.  :(  It looks so good!

Glad you're feeling better, Drama!

Good luck to everyone who has homework.  Hopefully I'll get another hour in before I go back to reading fun stuff.  :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Last night we went out to dinner with friends and then H and I saw The Lion King in 3D- amazing!! I cried 3 times- it still gets me after all these years! I was counting down the days until I could go see it. 

Today I taught my dance class and then H and I went to my friend's engagement party. Tomorrow is Bible Study and church and then cleaning the house. Tomorrow night, our friends invited us over for the Steeler game. 
  • iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Last night we helped with providing dinner at a homeless shelter (women and children).  There were only 3 women and 5 children there but it was good.  I felt so bad for them having to raise their children in a shelter, but it is a good safe place and better than being on the streets.

Today we went to Hershey Park for my company picnic.  It was fun.  It was supposed to rain but the weather turned out to be really nice.  We did a few rides and they have a small zoo there so that was good.  We also went on the chocolate tour twice (they give you free chocolate at the end - score!).  We stopped for groceries on the way home so we didn't get home until after 8:00.  

Tomorrow is church and then football before I bring my parents to a Carman concert.  This weekend was busy and I'll be wishing on Monday that I hadn't tried to pack so much into it.
  • kipnuskipnus member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Last night my FI, my brother and I drove 5 1/2 hours up to my parents' home, and today we had our engagement pics done! I was a little nervous, because I don't feel like I'm very photogenic and I've never loved having my picture taken. Our photographer is fantastic, though, and we had so much fun! I know we're going to have some great shots, and I can't wait for our wedding photos!

Tomorrow, we're going to check out a bunch of churches, because we haven't decided on a ceremony location yet. Exciting stuff! Oh, I also have a 45 minute presentation to prepare for class on Wednesday...I'm about 10 minutes in. :(

P.S. I love the Hunger Games books!
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got back from a weekend trip to Disney and now FI and I are trying to access Pottermore!!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards