Christian Weddings
Options

The Nest

Are any of you over there or going over there? I have heard negative things about the boards and today they sent me an e-mail with some articles and I clicked on it and the article was all about things you can't do once you have a baby. The list was silly, full of things I don't do now anyway (such as closing down the bar and watching TV all day long). The girls who commented were kind of mad about the article too. It baffles me that they would talk down being a mom (especially since they are connected to the bump!) I found myself thinking, "if this is what TN is all about, I don't think I want to go there." Do any of you have any positive experiences there? I might just look at the design ideas and call it a day haha. 

Re: The Nest

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've read a few boards on TN and I'm not that excited about it.  I barely have enough time for this board now, so I'm probably just going to stick over here.  
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think I'm going to join. I mean I'm technically part of the nest and the bump but I don't think I'll join in the boards.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm probably not spending much time over there, except for the November 2011 anniversary boards (when they go up).  I like it here too much.  :)
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    ochemjennochemjenn member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I mostly just lurk.  The ones I like are money matters, fashion and beauty, cleaning and organizing, and pets.  I was hoping my new local board would be active since I know nothing about this area, but it's pretty dead. 

I'm staying away from design, crafts, and what's cooking because I don't need any more ideas in my head!  I'm already working on two scrapbooks, a cross-stitch project, and a dress.  Hopefully I'll bake a peach pie this afternoon.

I'm trying to figure out why a baby would keep you from watching tv all day long.  I always have the tv on, except when I'm in the shower, in the kitchen, reading, or vacumming.  I have the tv on while I'm online, scrapbooking, putting away laundry, ironing, eating, cross-stiching....  I'm all about multitasking.  I would read more if I had a baby though, I think reading is really important for kids.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Where is this article, I'm interesting in know "What I can't do" when I have a baby
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    soozy87soozy87 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Some of the boards are kind of cranky over there, just like over here....maybe a bit more so. Some of them are interesting also....that being said by a lurker who is slowing becoming more active at both (mostly on the knot though....) :)
    ~May 21,2011~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Unless The Nest had a "Christian Home" board... i'll stay here. (: 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ditto to monica. I like it here too much.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]Unless The Nest had a "Christian Home" board... i'll stay here. (: 
    Posted by amongthelilies25[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  I tried TN and wasn't a fan.  I commented on one or two boards and posted a question and the only response I got was a cranky person who asked me more question, exasperated that I hadn't answered them to begin with.  I answered right away and NEVER got a response.   I came back over here.  :)  You ladies are my favorite - they should make this board over there too, although what's the point.  :P
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    edited December 2011
    Aggie asked KA for a Christian board on TN, but I haven't seen anything come out of it yet.

Are we still thinking about going to an off board at some point?
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i've checked over there a few times, but usually the stuff is about being a parent or things to do with your kids, or things not to do with your kids.... basically, all about kids. We don't plan on having any kids so it's sort of pointless for me. I might stay here a while, but who knows.
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    edited December 2011
    I've been on TN from time to time.  I'll post over there on occasion but usually 300 people view the post and 2 people post.  Makes me wonder how many people read our threads and just don't post.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm staying here or going to an Off Board unless a Christian Families or Christian Wives board shows up on The Nest.
    "Who died and made you Dagon?" - stackeye210 I'm supposed to be falling for myself...and not falling for just any guy out there in the world.....
  • Options
    yodacubyodacub member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I do enjoy looking at the Baby names board over on The bump, but that's just because I think what some people name their children is very amusing.  Never been on the nest boards though.
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_nest?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:51ff782d-b84d-4a52-bf73-943ac76f8705Post:51960f73-130b-4a9e-ad72-a10dd1d65728">Re: The Nest</a>:
    [QUOTE]Makes me wonder how many people read our threads and just don't post.
    Posted by iamjoesgurl[/QUOTE]

I always wonder this too! I lurked on you guys for about a month. :P
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    xstarx05xxstarx05x member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_nest?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:51ff782d-b84d-4a52-bf73-943ac76f8705Post:9351214a-ba7c-4e4c-ba4f-a13ddcc83459">Re: The Nest</a>:
    [QUOTE]Unless The Nest had a "Christian Home" board... i'll stay here. (: 
    Posted by amongthelilies25[/QUOTE]

<div>I also agree! Although I kinda like that we have married and unmarried girls on this board. We can help each other out :)</div><div>
    </div><div>I lurk on The Nest a bit. Can get some cranky/snarky discussions going on, but I do find my local board to be helpful at times. Slightly active on International and Fashion & Beauty... occasionally post on a couple others. There is a lot of baby talk, which doesn't offend me or anything, but isn't that what The Bump is for? Like, I don't think I start any discussions that would leave out the unmarried girls on this board.</div>

save the date
    "Here we stand from two distant lands, brought together by His hand" <3 my Aussie <BR>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_nest?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:51ff782d-b84d-4a52-bf73-943ac76f8705Post:51960f73-130b-4a9e-ad72-a10dd1d65728">Re: The Nest</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've been on TN from time to time.  I'll post over there on occasion but usually 300 people view the post and 2 people post.  <strong>Makes me wonder how many people read our threads and just don't post.</strong>
    Posted by iamjoesgurl[/QUOTE]

I'm one of them. I guess I'm just too scared to post because I "don't know anyone" I doubt I'll be posting there unless there's a Christian Homes board. That would be nice/fun
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    To answer mrandmrsbrist's question, I do still want to make an offboard! I e-mailed myself a list of the girls on here who said they were interested and I plan on making it as soon as I get time. Still organizing the house, working on thank you notes, and I have stuff going on for church, a dance class I'm going to be teaching and getting ready for the school year (I'm a teacher). So, it's pretty busy right now, but I do still plan on getting that board together asap. 

And drama, here is the article:

Like I said almost all of the things you "can't do" are silly and things I don't do anyway or don't care about. Or they aren't true. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards