Christian Weddings

What are you thankful for?

I know it's cliché, but I wanted to ask: What are you thankful for? 

I'm really thankful for my dear parents who have been so supportive of me during the start of my career in education and have given me monetary support, but most importantly *emotional and spiritual* support. I don't think I'd be where I am today without them.
July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!

Re: What are you thankful for?

• edited December 2011
    Kelly, I am right there with you on that one!!! My parents have been AMAZING my entire life, even more so lately. When I was on the phone crying to my mom the day before and really upset about having to take more money from them my mom simply said "That is what families are for." :) And of course, crazy thankful for FI, he is just everything I could have asked for and so much more and I am cherishing this one Thanksgiving where I will be calling him fiance since it is the only one!!! I am thankful for my awesome roomie who has been so understanding and not pushy at all given my money situation, she hasn't pushed for the rent at all which is awesome. My two besties, Katie and Courtney (MOH and BM #1), have been absolutely wonderful and fabulous both in wedding planning and just in life. And, I am thankful for my health. I always get my yearly oddity in health and so far this year, we're good to go! Which is saying a lot since last year I was diagnosed with a life threatening infection. All I have to say is, no sickness until January 1st when I get healthy insurance again...! lol

Happy Thanksgiving (2 days early)!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree girls, my parents are great! Along with my whole family! My fiance is amazing. I am so blessed to have him. I am thankful for the fact that I have a home and clothing, food, etc. And, of course, I am thankful for the sacrifice God made for us- above all! 

Everyone have a wonderful Thanksgiving! 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm really thankful for the opportunity to go to school. I know that sounds silly - but a lot of people at work have been sharing that they don't have the money to continue their education, and it wasn't until then that I really became thankful that I have that opportunity to continue my education.

I'm also really thankful for my FI! (isn't that a give-in though, hehe) And my parents! Who have been so supportive of my big move this past year.
  • fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I'm thankful for a supportive family.

Liberty University and just about everyone there.

Loving, non-crazy, future in-laws (and the FSILs, FBILs, and nieces & nephews)

A loving, supportive, puts-up-with-way-too-much fiance

That both of my parents still have full time jobs (even though Dad's position was cut back in September, his company found him a full-time spot with overtime opportunities)

FI's job search going well (though different than either of us imagined) and possibly coming to a close in about a month

4 incredible church families from the church I grew up in, the one my family attends now, the church FI and I attend at school, and FI's home church.

And I'm thankful for y'all.  When I signed up for theKnot it was to get wedding ideas...I think I ventured over to the boards to post our engagement story...I never thought I would find such "community" on the community boards. :) 
  • iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm thankful for:

Christ's sacrifice
    My wonderful husband
    A loving family
    Wonderful friends
    My job
    My dad is still here (even though his health is bad, I am thankful for every day I have with him)
    My health
    Living in a free country

I could go on.  I am truly blessed.

I agree, Emily.  I'm thankful for this "community" too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards