Christian Weddings

XP: Cake Cutting Song Length Question

I am trying to come up with a song for the cake cutting.  Now, the song only needs to cover the length of time it takes FI and I to smile for the camera, cut a piece, feed each other, and smile again.  After that, we get our cake and sit down, the guests will be served by someone else, and since we're doing a cupcake tower, there won't even need to be any additional cutting (except for the groom's cake).  The question I have is this:  I REALLY like the song "Firefly" by Jimmy Needham for the cake cutting, but it's only like 2.5 minutes long.  Is that long enough?
image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
17/100 books read in 2013

Re: XP: Cake Cutting Song Length Question

• DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    2.5 minutes will be way too long.  I think ours took all of 45 seconds, seriously.  I would just skip the song, there's really no need for it.
  • edited December 2011
    Well, my DJ requires me to provide him with a choice.  And since I'm a bit of a control freak, I kind of like the idea of getting to pick it, lol.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • edited December 2011
    Do you care if the song carries over into your guests getting served? I think it would totally work to start the song when you're cutting it and then just let it play out. 
    PostCeremony-131.1
  • DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL, if the DJ requires it (which is odd to me, but his business, his rules!) then I think your song choice is fine!
  • edited December 2011
    I'd just pick whatever song you want... if it's too long, your DJ can fade it out and start dancing again, and if it's not long enough he can play another song.  That's what a professional is for! : )
  • SoonToBeGenaoSoonToBeGenao member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_xp-cake-cutting-song-length-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:5b038234-af4a-4285-b599-31b0cf7c9c92Post:97a6b43a-7dd0-4d55-8467-8ca0bad6e8fb">Re: XP: Cake Cutting Song Length Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd just pick whatever song you want... if it's too long, your DJ can fade it out and start dancing again, and if it's not long enough he can play another song.  That's what a professional is for! : )
    Posted by abbeylynne06[/QUOTE]

yup! This exactly.
    There's only 1 way 2 say those 3 words and that's what I'll do... I love you Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    We did "How Sweet It Is" (cheesy, I know, but whatevs). The song is 3 minutes long, so we just let it play while the guests were being served (and it took us a few shots to get the "interlocked arms toast" picture).  So, 2:30 is fine.  
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_xp-cake-cutting-song-length-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:5b038234-af4a-4285-b599-31b0cf7c9c92Post:97a6b43a-7dd0-4d55-8467-8ca0bad6e8fb">Re: XP: Cake Cutting Song Length Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd just pick whatever song you want... if it's too long, your DJ can fade it out and start dancing again, and if it's not long enough he can play another song.  That's what a professional is for! : )
    Posted by abbeylynne06[/QUOTE]
    +1!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto what Emily said. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • edited December 2011
    Yep, that's probably too long, but you can let it keep playing or fade out. I say go for it! I wanted a certain song for my cake cutting too, so I know how you feel. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards