Christian Weddings

Song for Unity Candle Ceremony

What song will you use for the unity candle ceremony? Ben and I are using 'Your Love is Extravagant' by Casting Crowns for the recessional, so we are open to something a little more contemporary in other parts of the ceremony as well.

Any suggestions?

Re: Song for Unity Candle Ceremony

• fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    We're doing a Cord of Three Strands, but we're using "Love Never Fails" by Brandon Heath for that part.  We're also using "When I Say I Do" by Matthew West in another part of the ceremony.
  • edited December 2011
    We are having "The Prayer" played.  It will be played by a tring trio, but it has been recorded by Yolanda Adams and Donnie McClurkin as duet and I believe Shania Twain has a version (if not her, it's Celine Dion).
  • edited December 2011
    We are using "Love of My Life" by Michael W. Smith
  • edited December 2011
    We used "I Will Be Here" by Steven Curtis Chapman, from the All About Love album.  Beautiful! 
  • edited December 2011
    I was thinking about using I Found the One My Soul Loves by Beloved.  It is a pretty song.  I saw them live they are amazing women.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • felkelsfelkels member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used "When I say I do" by matthew west.  We had someone sing it for us with another friend playing piano.  We used the song while we did communion, and the unity candle.  It was supposed to be during our foot washing ceremony also, but the pastors broke that part up funny without telling anyone so that part didn't have any music to it.  It was beautiful though, and long enough to do whatever you needed it for. 
  • belgirlbelgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A friend is singing "How beautiful" by Twila Paris...
  • edited December 2011
    Wow these songs are so great. I haven't gotten this far yet but I plan on having a unity candle ceremony.
  • edited December 2011
    My MOH is playing piano and another bridesmaid will sing "How Beautiful" by Twila Paris.  FI and I are going to do our first communion and unity candle lighting during the song.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards