Christian Weddings

Pray for my dog?

She injured herself sometime during the night. She's okay, it's not life threatening, but she woke me up because she was basically having a panic attack. I've got her calm and I think she'll be okay to take to the vet first thing tomorrow, but I think we could both use some prayers. I've skipped church to tend her. She's drifting in and out of sleep, so that's good. The swelling has gone down so that's even better.
My blog
"I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV

Re: Pray for my dog?

• Hope she's feeling better!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • So sad! I will pray. My dog is SO important to me so I totally understand. Keep us updated. 
  • Aww! Praying.

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I hope your dog is doing alright. Please let us know!

Dear Lord, We know that you look after all of the many wondrous beings which you have created. Please remember *RyansBeloved's dog as she recovers from her injury. Bless her human companions with peace in the knowledge that nothing goes unseen by You. Let them know that You will watch over them, as well as their beloved pet. These things we pray in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
  • You guys are very sweet. Thanks for praying for her.

I took her to the vet. She's on five prescriptions now. She's already had a skin irritation of some sort, and because of her frustration she took it out on her ear and hurt it. So she's got an ear wash, ear medicine, medicated shampoo, prednisone and an antibiotic.  Apparently she probably has an allergy to something that made her skin sensitive to bacteria and yeast infections. :(  Poor baby.  So in two weeks I have to bring her back, then I guess we work on whatever is she's allergic too...

Her vet visit cost pretty much all I could afford. It probably would have wiped me out, except my parent's dog had an ear problem less than a year ago and I recognize two of the prescriptions and they checked his file (same vet) and I was able to use the leftovers from that and not buy them new.  I have enough money to pay for the "just to see the vet" fee for next time, but if there are more tests or medicines I don't know how I'll pay for it.

This also means I can't get eyeglasses. I had budgeted money for the vet and for glasses, and I could get the glasses with what I have left, but not and take her to her next appointment. I've been without glasses for 8  months now, so I'm praying for some intervention. (I'm not blind without them, but I do need them. I can't legally drive without them. I don't own a car though, so that doesn't come up much, but still. I'd like to have glasses again.)

I have no income, so...

Anyway, sorry, not trying to complain. Just saying Sophie is getting treated (that's my dog's name) but I could use some prayers to pay for it all. I had no idea it would be so involved. I thought I'd get one or two meds, in one vet visit, and it'd be okay. And from what the vet implied, I might have to come back a third time.... sigh...
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • Well, I'm proud of you for taking care of your pet. So many peole don't understand the responsibility of owning a pet and just let the poor things suffer. You're doing the right thing. You'll find a way to take care of it all, I'm sure. Don't loose faith, and keep taking care of Sophie.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards