Christian Weddings

Friday QOTD

What is everyone up to this weekend?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Friday QOTD

• Saturday: We're relaxing.  We're not moving...I'm not working...we're just relaxing.

Sunday: Church, youth group, and AWANA.
  • FI is driving out here this weekend!!  Tomorrow we are running errands and doing wedding stuff.  Hoping to get the programs, placecards and guest book finalized.

Sunday Church then we are all going to the dine in theater for my mom, sister's and FI bdays.
  • I have my bridal portraits this weekend! We are getting them done at a historic hotel downtown (Hotel Roanoke, google it, it's GORGEOUS!). I can't wait to have my dress and veil on because I fall in love with it a little more each time.

FI is grilling for us tomorrow night.

Working Sunday at my part time job.

Emily, how did the move go?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We're seeing The Hunger Games Saturday evening!!!!!!!!!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_friday-qotd-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:712f355a-f602-4689-a2d8-725b7c8769c0Post:33b74086-4618-466b-be9d-2869a20a7200">Re: Friday QOTD</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have my bridal portraits this weekend! We are getting them done at a historic hotel downtown (Hotel Roanoke, google it, it's GORGEOUS!).<div>
    </div><div>Emily, how did the move go?
    Posted by Ash61612[/QUOTE]</div><div>
    I am so freaking jealous of you getting your bridal portraits at Hotel Roanoke.  When I was little, I wanted my wedding to be at St. Andrew's (when I thought it was Cinderella's Castle...and didn't know you had to be Catholic) and my reception at HR.  We were planning on getting bridal portraits done at HR, but between student teaching, graduation, and moving halfway across the country, it just didn't work out.  Your pics are going to be AMAZING!!  DH's siblings got us a room at HR for our wedding night...it was so nice!</div><div>
    </div><div>The move went well.  We had 18 youth/church members show up to help us, and two of our youth brought their pick-up trucks and gooseneck cattle trailers from their family farms.  We only ended up using 2 vehicles for all of our stuff! :)  Now we're slowly unpacking and getting settled in.  The baby's room is stuffed with boxes.  At least I have a while before we NEED to start setting up baby stuff in there.  </div>
  • Hubby and I finally get a date night, the first in like two months.  We're going out to dinner at a place that required reservations a month in advance... and it's not that expensive!  Apparently, it's really good (Mediterranean).  

Then we're doing taxes.  If there's only one thing that's tough about first year of marriage, it's that you have to figure out how to file jointly!  It's particularly tough with us, as my husband was considered a foreign national until December when he got his greencard.  

Then study, study, study...  let us know how the Hunger Games are! 
  • I'm going to see my FI this weekend! HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited I can hardly think straight!!!!!!! 

FI's church is having their Bible conference this weekend, so we'll go to that. We also have a premarital counseling session scheduled and are hoping to get some wedding shopping done. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • H and I are going to the The Hunger Games at this cool theater near us where they have tables set up instead of your standard seating and you can order food and stuff (which I find to be ironic ... kind of like we are from the Capitol watching the games and gorging on food the way they would be).

Sunday is church and relaxing.
  • Sadly, my coworker shared her cold with me so most of my time is going to be spent fighting that off.

Today is my mom's birthday so we're going to their house for dinner tonight (dad cooked).  Tomorrow I'm supposed to be going to the beach to visit a friend, but I don't know if anyone wants me to go since I'm sick.  Sunday H is off so we'll have a date.  And then Monday starts spring break.  Blessed, blessed spring break.
  • Tonight - Business meeting
    Tomorrow - Wedding stuff in the AM while FI is off at his men's bible study, taking the dogs out to the park for a couple hours after lunch and then in the evening we're going to a benefit dinner for an old coworker of mine who was diagnosed with a brain tumour.
    Sunday - Church, more time with the dogs at the park and then hitting the wedding projects hard again!
  • Tonight: Birthday Party
    Tomorrow: Breakfast with a friend, followed by dress fitting w/friend and MOH; Later, date night w/FI
    Sunday: Church, homework, relax
  • agape1cor813
    That's what we are doing on Sunday!  We've never been and are excited to try it out.
  • I drove down to my hometown yesterday for doctors appointments and then saw Hunger Games at midnight with my sister and some friends. So I'm just getting moving now. Having lunch with a friend and then heading back. We don't have plans for this weekend...just homework and hanging out.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  •  Friday night - FI is coming down and we are going ring shopping for him at the local jewlery store cause the place at the mall where mine is from was majorly expensive !! And i checked out the prices at the local place and was suprised how much better priced and selection they have !  Then going to eat ... then probably over to the Christian bookstore to pick out a bulletin option ... probably wouldnt have to get it just yet but why wait till the last minute ??

Sat. - I work ... Not sure if I will see FI or not ... prolly not since he is coming down 2night ...

Sun - i work ... and prolly not much of anything after that unless I take lil one to see The Lorax at 7 ...

[Yesterday I saw /showed off my ring to my grandma who is helping to pay for the wedding and meanwhile Dad put down the first payment !!! Yay !! ]

Love is All You Need
  • edited March 2012
    I am on call at work, so I can't do too much.  Tonight I'm going to my parents' house so I can show my dad how to move my mom's arm for her at-home physical therapy (she just had shoulder surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff and I took her to her follow-up appointment today).  Tomorrow I am doing NOTHING, except maybe cleaning.  Sunday is church, then I am going to a friend's to be an "actress" for her in a class project (she's a film major).

ETA:  I can't go see the Hunger Games until Monday due to being on call.  :(
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards