Christian Weddings

Inspiring Mondays

what has inspired you this past week? a verse? a sermon? a person? 

let us all know so we can be inspired. (:

Re: Inspiring Mondays

• SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My brother has been a huge inspiration to me since he enlisted in the marines. I'm so proud of him and everything he's put himself through physically, emotionally, and spiritually. He's grown a lot closer to God and was even going to get baptized on the base, but decided against it so our family could witness it. He has pushed his body and mind to the limits these past few months, and I could never imagine putting myself through what he's done.

He finished his crucibal the other day and is officially being called "marine" now and my family couldn't be more proud of him. We're so excited to see him at the end of this week and watch him graduate. Such an honor!
  • edited December 2011
    That's a great story!

We just got our new pastor yesterday and his family seems wonderful. His sermon was moving and encouraging. He spoke about how he feels God has lead him to every placement he's had and he's excited about what's to come at our church. This was especially encouraging because our former pastor left on not-so-good terms because of a small group of influentional people in my church. (AKA most people loved him but the small group made it very tough for him to stay over silly things). I don't want our church split and it seems like these people like him. Obviously it's early, but it looks very promising.
  • kitkat610kitkat610 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Summer - that is such a great story! I am so glad that he is growing as a person while making that amazing sacrifice! 

My inspirational moment was at our wedding. The pastor (and I think I complained on here about him never responding to emails) really came through, and many people mentioned it to us afterwards. It keeps coming up in our conversations too. 
    He actually played off a kind of off color joke that an uncle told at our rehearsal dinner about this being the last time that DH would have the upper hand. The pastor made the point that we don't have a relationship like that, and that God has the upper hand. It was amazing to me that he saw that, and so nice that he brought that to our ceremony.
  • mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_inspiring-mondays-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:726234d4-7709-4e1b-bd3c-a909801289c9Post:d8ca96e7-c1bc-4e8d-a747-28b84a5b0189">Re: Inspiring Mondays</a>:
    [QUOTE]My brother has been a huge inspiration to me since he enlisted in the marines. I'm so proud of him and everything he's put himself through physically, emotionally, and spiritually. He's grown a lot closer to God and was even going to get baptized on the base, but decided against it so our family could witness it. He has pushed his body and mind to the limits these past few months, and I could never imagine putting myself through what he's done. He finished his crucibal the other day and is officially being called "marine" now and my family couldn't be more proud of him. We're so excited to see him at the end of this week and watch him graduate. Such an honor!
    Posted by SuMmErKuTiE[/QUOTE]

This made me smile! FBIL was in the Marine Corps for 5 years, and I loved hearing all his boot stories.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards