Christian Weddings

What other boards do you lurk/post on?

I'm incredibly bored (always seems to happen the first night I'm back from seeing FI) and I was just wondering what boards (besides the obvious answer of CW) do you post on? Which do you lurk, but never post on?
Pregnancy Ticker
2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books

Re: What other boards do you lurk/post on?

• mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I post here, DIY, Budget, Flowers, Students, August '11, and Washington regularly.

I lurk but never post on E and NEY.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I lurk on E and don't post very often... same with Chit Chat. 

I post on occasion on R&G, Reception, Budget, Ceremony, C&T, and sometimes A&A ... I used to post on my month board once upon a time but I think the last time I even lurked on my month board was in January (?).  

July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • edited December 2011
    I think like 90% of my post count is from my month board.  We have one of the nicest, closest, and most active month boards on TK.  We are all legitimate friends.  No joke.  I made us a badge (in my sig) from an inside joke and pretty much every single reg over there wears it proudly.  We have a website and everything.  We've already had a couple girls do GTGs, and I'm half-way planning one myself with a fellow November 2011 bride who's getting married the day before me.

I am the Mod over on the Alabama board, so obviously I'm over there every day, but there's not always something to post on.  I patrol for vendors to "bannanate" (lol) and try my best to answer questions about venues, timelines, etc.  I'm not always good at it, because most of the posters seem to be from a different part of the state than I am, so I can't help them find venues in a town I've never been to, lol.

I also post pretty frequently on Offbeat Brides.  That is truly a board with no judgment.  If you think you have a weird idea for your wedding, not only will they accept it, but there is probably someone there who can top it, lol.  I love my OB ladies.

As for lurking, I take a look at Chit Chat (occassionally post) and NEY (used to post there a bit) every now and then.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • edited December 2011
    How do you ladies have time to post on all those boards?? I would love to post on other boards, but I can barely find time to keep up with this one haha. When I first joined TK, I posted on the Pittsburgh board, but once I found this one and became a regular poster here, I stopped going to that one. This is the only board for me! Good thing I love it! 
  • mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_other-boards-lurkpost?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:77a9a16a-534a-402e-991e-d4e867e45ddbPost:ff912abd-71e3-49e1-b8ab-d209f1eed93e">Re: What other boards do you lurk/post?</a>:
    [QUOTE]How do you ladies have time to post on all those boards?? I would love to post on other boards, but I can barely find time to keep up with this one haha. When I first joined TK, I posted on the Pittsburgh board, but once I found this one and became a regular poster here, I stopped going to that one. This is the only board for me! Good thing I love it! 
    Posted by AshNoel8[/QUOTE]

I kind of "live" online. It's quite ridiculous...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Haha it's not ridiculous! I am online way more now since I've been engaged than I used to be... so I get it!
  • edited December 2011

I lurk and occasionally post on:

• chit-chat
    • snarky brides (they have interesting stories there!)
    • moms and maids (also interesting stories)

I post a lot on:

• NEY (b/c I'm not engaged yet)

and I lurk, but never post, on:

• June 2012 b/c that's when BF and I are discussing getting married
    • New Mexico b/c that's where I live

Note: I tried this with bullets, but apparently they're not showing up :(

Weight Loss Center - Your Online Weight Loss Support Group
  • fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I post on my month board about as half as often as I'm here. 

I lurk but never post on E and SB, because they've got some great stories. 

I'll look at Music, Ceremony, and C&T from time to time and post if I actually have an answer to their question.

• GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like to look at the attire board, as well as customs to see if there are any Orthodox Christianity related questions.  I also do my local San Francisco board, but it's very quiet there.  In the month leading up to the wedding, I browsed the May 2011 board, but that was lurking.
  • edited December 2011
    I don't really lurk, I post on here, and I post on the June 2011 board a lot. I lurk sometimes on the Nest :)
  • edited December 2011
    Perkins - Can't wait till you come out of your lurkdom on the June 2012 board. We're an awesome group of girls/guys!

So I'm a regular on June 2012, a semi-regular on E, and I randomly bounce around to the other boards and post when I want on anything I feel so inclined to post on.
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I mod Honeymoon and Pre-Wedding Parties which is the biggest reason I stuck around here was to continue "modding" and giving advice now that I've been there and know what it's like to go through the planning process and the wedding. Then I started coming to this board and got to know you ladies which has continued my interest in posting on the knot. I also still offer advice on DIY since I was a big DIY bride and sometimes go over to my old local (Connecticut) since we had a few get-togethers before I got married and moved. I also post on the nest on Fashion & Beauty, Travel, and the Entertainment board and venture over to my new local over there which is Central Florida nesties.

I lurk on E and occasionally post, but not often.
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not much of a lurker. I post here, my local board, DIY, food and cake, and students. I dabble a bit on other boards but those are my main ones!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    this is my main board. i post sometimes on Aug 2011 though. (: But this is my favorite. hehe.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_other-boards-lurkpost?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:77a9a16a-534a-402e-991e-d4e867e45ddbPost:bb24941f-a2b4-480c-8b38-22914af6c3b1">Re: What other boards do you lurk/post on?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Perkins - Can't wait till you come out of your lurkdom on the June 2012 board. We're an awesome group of girls/guys!</strong> So I'm a regular on June 2012, a semi-regular on E, and I randomly bounce around to the other boards and post when I want on anything I feel so inclined to post on.
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]

Sweet! As soon as we get engaged and pick our date for sure, I'll join you guys on that board!
    Weight Loss Center - Your Online Weight Loss Support Group
  • DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here, E and Customs and Traditions.  I check in on our local board once a week or so.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_other-boards-lurkpost?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:77a9a16a-534a-402e-991e-d4e867e45ddbPost:65629464-6d33-4b8c-a873-0849eeba05b8">Re: What other boards do you lurk/post on?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What other boards do you lurk/post on? : Sweet! As soon as we get engaged and pick our date for sure, I'll join you guys on that board!
    Posted by perkins81[/QUOTE]

*Yay*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards