Christian Weddings
Options

Posted a few times but never introduced myself...

So I thought I would! I'm Rebecca, I'm getting married to Nate June 12 in Estes Park, CO. We're pretty pumped about it! 

So, hi!
PostCeremony-131.1

Re: Posted a few times but never introduced myself...

• Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Rebecca!  Do you live in CO?  I love it there.  I lived in Colorado Springs for about a year and a half.  While I lived there I went camping with two of my co-workers in Rocky Mtn National Park which turned out to be kind of a funny story because it took all day to get there and then we left kind of early the next morning.  It was me and these two guys, we got a late start, drove another co-worker to the Denver airport and then went into the park via the Grand Lake entrance.  By the time we go to our site (near Estes Park), it was about 4:00.  We ended up driving into Estes Park to play miniature golf and have dinner.  By the time we got back to the campsite, it was dark.  It wasn't much of a camping trip.  But we had fun.

Anyway, your wedding will be beautiful.  It is such a beautiful part of the country.
  • Options
    SoonToBeGenaoSoonToBeGenao member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to  the best board around! Cant wait to hear details of your planning!
    There's only 1 way 2 say those 3 words and that's what I'll do... I love you Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh funny. I lived in Denver for a few years and now I'm in the Twin Cities. We'd love to move back there someday, but who knows what will happen! 

We actually made plans to have the wedding here in the cities, (I was in event planning for a few years here, so can't beat the connections!) but we found a place in Estes Park scrapped the plan and went in a new direction! We have a lot of time still, so I'm not worried at all, but it's been a fun change!
    PostCeremony-131.1
  • Options
    Purple&7Purple&7 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and Welcome!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to our board!  I can't wait to get to know you better and hear more about your planning.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! This board is the best! We're glad you are here. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WELCOME TO THE BEST BOARD! (:

cant wait to learn more about you and your wedding planning! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!!
    How about you share a little about yourself.

How did you and your FI first meet?
    How long have you been together?
    What's your favorite food?
    How did FI propose?
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How did you and your FI first meet? We meet 8 years ago when he was hired to by my youth pastor. Scandelous, I know! I had the worst crush on him. Complete with notebook doodles. He had a different girlfriend whom he was very serious. I was convinced we would get married someday (but I said that A LOT as a hopeless romantic pre-teen). We parted ways for about 5 years, he moved, I moved, and then one day facebook suggested we become friends. We struck up a conversation and it all was downhill from there!

How long have you been together? We have been together for 3 1/2 years. We were LDR for about 2, and then he moved to where I am for grad school... at least that's what he claims it was for. :)

What's your favorite food? My favorite food is Skyline Chili... which unless you're from Ohio and around those parts, you may not know what it is. 

How did FI propose? Well, sparknotes version: We spent the night visiting all of "our" spots. Favorite resturants, we went to a game of a favorite team, and one of our regular activities is shutting off the GPS, making random turns and seeing where we end up. He suggested we do that and I was game. We ended up at the Minneapolis Sculpture Gardens and he asked if I wanted to get out and play in the snow. We had been here on one of our very first dates and it was the place he first fell in love with me and where I really solidified that I was in love with him, so it was kind of a special place. We played for a while and then he started getting awkward and wanting to look at certain things just in a weird way. I was cold and wanted to head back to the car so we headed that direction. From behind me I heard him say he forgot something, so I turned around to see what it was and he was down on one knee telling me he was so nervous he forgot his whole rehursed schpeel, so this will have to do, "I love you, will you marry me."
    PostCeremony-131.1
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_posted-times-but-never-introduced-myself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:84fa5a16-3bcb-40da-985d-6de20104426cPost:c3bbf993-791d-46a5-9184-7104be6f7d6f">Re: Posted a few times but never introduced myself...</a>:
    [QUOTE]How did you and your FI first meet? We meet 8 years ago when <strong>he was hired to by my youth pastor.</strong> Scandelous, I know! I had the worst crush on him. Complete with notebook doodles. He had a different girlfriend whom he was very serious. I was convinced we would get married someday (but I said that A LOT as a hopeless romantic pre-teen). We parted ways for about 5 years, he moved, I moved, and then one day facebook suggested we become friends. We struck up a conversation and it all was downhill from there! How long have you been together? We have been together for 3 1/2 years. We were LDR for about 2, and then he moved to where I am for grad school... at least that's what he claims it was for. :) What's your favorite food? My favorite food is Skyline Chili... which unless you're from Ohio and around those parts, you may not know what it is.  How did FI propose? Well, sparknotes version: We spent the night visiting all of "our" spots. Favorite resturants, we went to a game of a favorite team, and one of our regular activities is shutting off the GPS, making random turns and seeing where we end up. He suggested we do that and I was game. We ended up at the Minneapolis Sculpture Gardens and he asked if I wanted to get out and play in the snow. We had been here on one of our very first dates and it was the place he first fell in love with me and where I really solidified that I was in love with him, so it was kind of a special place. We played for a while and then he started getting awkward and wanting to look at certain things just in a weird way. I was cold and wanted to head back to the car so we headed that direction. From behind me I heard him say he forgot something, so I turned around to see what it was and he was down on one knee telling me he was so nervous he forgot his whole rehursed schpeel, so this will have to do, "I love you, will you marry me."
    Posted by RebeccaJac[/QUOTE]

Certainly is scandalous! ;) I remember when I had a crush on my youth pastor who was already engaged...

and the proposal is really sweet!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha. I am now a Middle School Youth Pastor. My kids know we met at church... and nothing else. Haha. I don't need to be fueling hope that they can marry the cute college age voulnteer leader!
    PostCeremony-131.1
  • Options
    fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_posted-times-but-never-introduced-myself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:84fa5a16-3bcb-40da-985d-6de20104426cPost:c3bbf993-791d-46a5-9184-7104be6f7d6f">Re: Posted a few times but never introduced myself...</a>:
    [QUOTE]What's your favorite food? My favorite food is Skyline Chili... which unless you're from Ohio and around those parts, you may not know what it is. 
    I grew up in VERY rural part of southern Virginia, and we had Skyline/Cincinnati chili ALL the time. 

Welcome to the board!!  H and I just graduated from Liberty in VA.  He got a youth pastor position out here in Kansas back in February, and I moved out here after the wedding.  I'm a SAHW right now, but I have a degree in Special Ed & Elementary Ed.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_posted-times-but-never-introduced-myself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:84fa5a16-3bcb-40da-985d-6de20104426cPost:1860fd12-2984-4f72-9372-ad316c3a9a91">Re: Posted a few times but never introduced myself...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Posted a few times but never introduced myself... : I grew up in VERY rural part of southern Virginia, and we had Skyline/Cincinnati chili ALL the time.  Welcome to the board!!  H and I just graduated from Liberty in VA.  <strong>He got a youth pastor position out here in Kansas back in February</strong>, and I moved out here after the wedding.  I'm a SAHW right now, but I have a degree in Special Ed & Elementary Ed.
    Posted by fpaemp2011[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Congrats! Whan denom? </div>
    PostCeremony-131.1
  • Options
    fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_posted-times-but-never-introduced-myself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:84fa5a16-3bcb-40da-985d-6de20104426cPost:5190e428-f401-4e53-98af-386bbb59d481">Re: Posted a few times but never introduced myself...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Posted a few times but never introduced myself... : Congrats! Whan denom? 
    Berean (<font color="#0000FF"><u><a href="http://www.bereanchurchfellowship.org">Berean Church Fellowship</a></u></font>).
    I grew up Conservative Southern Baptist, and he grew up conservative non-denom (Theologically/Doctrinally Baptist, just not tied to a convention).  I've discovered that Berean is basically Midwest Southern Baptist,with some conservative Evangelical Free.  The Baptist churches around here are a little more liberal than what I'm used to.

Oh, and when he was going through the interview process, the girls on here were literally praying us through.  This is an AMAZING board.

Check it: <a rel="nofollow" href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_kansas-its-baaacack?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:12784e32-2fee-4cde-8383-7daf738be66ePost:ba445833-3e21-417e-ad4e-2c0d1f73caae">http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_kansas-its-baaacack?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:12784e32-2fee-4cde-8383-7daf738be66ePost:ba445833-3e21-417e-ad4e-2c0d1f73caae</a>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's awesome to have that support! 

I'm with Converge WW (formerly Baptist General Conference). Probably along the lines of those more liberal ones, but not crazy liberal :) I went to a Baptist University as well. 
    PostCeremony-131.1
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards