Christian Weddings
Options

Prayers Please!

I've been lurking around here for a while, but have yet to post anything. My fiance and I have been engaged since August 1 (almost 3 months!) and we're planning our wedding for May 28, 2011. He graduated from college this past May, and I'll finish up two weeks before our wedding. To be honest, engagement has been much more of a struggle than I ever anticipated. My fiance is working back in the town where we both grew up and i shaving a really hard time. He feels constantly depressed and down because our wedding seems so far away. He's struggling because he just wants to be able to see me, spend time with me, and be married to me. And it's not possible just yet. 

If you could just pray that God's peace would be over both of us. That we'd feel His joy in the midst of this, and that God would completely lift this depression from my fiance. He is such an amazing man of God and it just kills me to see the pain and the struggle that this is for him. And if you have any suggestions for ways to make it easier or to make the time pass more quickly, I'd really really appreciate it. I've tried to brainstorm my own ideas, but it doesn't seem to work. :(

Re: Prayers Please!

• Options
    katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Stay in prayer!!

Believe me, it will be here before you know it. I've been married 2.5 months, and 1 year ago I wasn't even engaged. It flies by. : )

Where in upstate NY are you from? I grew up in Rochester and got married in Geneva.
  • Options
    megan.shortmegan.short member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm from Canandaigua...so not too far away! I feel like the time is going relatively quickly...but for him it's just crawling. :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Time will fly! Be encouraged and definitely keep praying. I have been engaged for 6 months and time is flying so fast. Focus on the fact that you will be spending your entire lives together, and this is a time for the two of you to grow before you come together. Encourage him to find encouragement from friends and family or whoever is around him.
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree that the time will fly.  We just celebrated our 1 year anniversary and I can't believe that it has been a year already.

DH and I were in a LDR up to the wedding.  It was really hard for me but we talked on the phone every day, emailed each other and texted each other often.  We saw each other about once every 3 weeks for a couple of days.  It was really hard, but I kept reminding myself that it was a short period of time compared to the time that we will be married and that once married, I might look forward to some alone time so I should enjoy it while it lasted. 

I would recommend doing special little things like sending him hand written notes (they are rare these days) and other things to remind him that you are thinking about him. 

Here is an idea - for Christmas each year that we were dating, I made an advent calendar and he loved that.  It was basically a calendar with something each day during the advent season (a Bible verse, Christmas tradition, picture of me, joke or a gift).  I made it by making small envelopes (take a 6" x 6" piece of paper and fold three corners in with the top corner being the flap of the envelope).  Then I took a piece of cardboard that was big enough to hold all of the envelopes and covered it in Christmas wrapping paper.  Then I used double sided tape to attach the envelopes to the cardboard.  Each day he ripped off an envelope and read what was inside.  Some days (about 5) it said "Open gift #2" or "Open gift #5" and there were 5 separate gifts (just little things) that he could open.  It was a really fun thing to do while being separated.

I'll say prayers that this time will pass quickly (it will!) and hopefully you'll be seeing each other for the holidays and spring break.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm praying!  Your wedding is not far away at all!  I have been engaged since February 14, 2010.  My wedding is November 19, 2011.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    ccialoneccialone member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I totally know what you mean! My FI thinks that it's going by sooo slow! But for me, it's FLYING! We have been engaged for almost a year and have 7 months to go! I will absolutely pray for you and him!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You will be in my prayers! It will be here before you know it! 

PS I have family around the Rochester area. They live in Pittsford and we go on their boat on Lake Canandaigua. I love the area! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards