Christian Weddings

NWR-Stormy Weather

FMIL found out yesterday that she has shingles under her arm.  She's 61, on meds for it, but FFIL is leaving tomorrow to drive with Fletcher out to Kansas and won't be back until Friday.  FI's sister & BIL live in town, but they both have full-time jobs, so hopefully they can find someone to just give her a hand so she's not trying to do to much around the house while they're gone.

Speaking of FS&BIL, they came home from church today to find their hot water heater had dumped water all over the garage and foyer (they own a townhouse) and their furnace went out yesterday.

My pastor said once that you're either in a storm, coming out of a storm, or about to head into a storm.  So how about you?  How's life?  As Kelly asked a while ago, how's the weather? Anything we can be praying for?  Any encouraging verses, sermon quotes, devotion readings, etc you want to share?

Re: NWR-Stormy Weather

• iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a great weekend and am sad that it is Sunday night already.  We went to the basketball game Friday night and saw a great game.  Then mom and I went to the Amish market on Saturday and enjoyed spending quality time together.  I baked a lot yesterday and then made a nice dinner for this evening to host our marriage mentor couple for dinner and games.  It was a really nice weekend!

Our church is getting ready to start a small group series on Bill Hybel's book "The Power of a Whisper".  I read the first two chapters of the book today and I'm really excited about it.  God definitely speaks and a lot of times I'm "too busy" to listen.  So I'm hoping to be challenged to listen more to God's whispers.

I would say that the weather here is mostly sunny - that is, until I have to go to work tomorrow.  UGH!
  • edited December 2011
    fp- I will say a prayer for your future in-laws. 

The weather here is good! Life is good, God is good, I have an amazing fiance. 

WR- I still can't find a makeup artist that is affordable, so that is a little tough. Big check though- my MOH booked a place and set a date for my shower! Yay! 
  • fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Ash- Have you checked out the MU counters at the department stores?  Sometimes they do completely free applications, or free with purchase of almost anything (so you could buy a tube of the lipstick or something). 
  • edited December 2011
    I actually may use that quote from your pastor.  I completely agree with it.

As for me, well my life seems like a perpetual storm.  I'm not speaking with my mother...haven't spoken with her since around New Years when I found out that my father can no longer pay for my wedding because she's going after him for money he *allegedly* owes her from 1991.  They had such a messy divorce and 16 year custody battle that I was *finally* starting to move on from all of the trauma and thought that that part of my life was behind me.  Unfortunately, it is not.  And now I feel even worse because as much as this isn't my fault, it's really REALLY not my FI's fault and now he has to suffer because I have a miserable family.

I'm angry and hurt that my happiness and wellbeing are always an afterthought to my own mother.  I tried to call my mother over a week ago to let her know how I felt and she actually said, "I refuse to accept any responsibility for any of this" and proceeded to go on a 10 miinute rant about what a bastard my father is and how she's disappointed in ME for not telling him to go f*** himself, and how he should have done anything (including going into DEBT!) to keep his promise to pay for my wedding!

I've been really depressed about the whole situation lately.  It's been difficult to get out of bed every morning.  I sleep all the time.  My appetite is off.  It's basically impossible to focus on school.  Although I've been actually FORCING myself to focus for the last two days.  My therapist says I might need to go on antidepressants.

So, sorry to threadjack, but that's what's going on in my life.  You're right...when it rains, it pours.
  • iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Shoes - I'm sorry to hear about your situation with your parents.  It sounds awful and I'm glad you are seeing a therapist to help you through this all. 

1 Corinthians 2:9 - "However, as it is written, 'What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived' - the things God has prepared for those who love Him." 

I'm sorry for what you are going through but I hope this offers some encouragement.  You are being prayed for!

Emily - Sorry I forgot to say in my post, but I'm praying for your FILs.
  • edited December 2011
    I've had a rough week and this week is also going to be rough.  I still haven't gotten paperwork from my new job, so that's frustrating, because I can't resign the old one until the new job paperwork comes through.  AND today I got another call for a job back near where my townhouse is (but 2 hours from where FI lives, and over 2 hours to his job), etc.  So, the new phone call may help to light a fire under the rears of the HR department where I "accepted" the job offer to go ahead and hire me... hopefully soon!

I have to run... but I'll be back on TK later on today to read through the rest of the thread and to pray for you all. 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • edited December 2011
    ... And, I'm back.  So today my weather was pretty stormy... but it was more the quiet in the eye of the hurricane.  I still haven't been able to transition to my new job, and that is frustrating, and I got a call this morning for yet another full-time job at a school that really wants me, but its in the wrong geographical area for where FI's job is.  Anyway, we talked at length about what I should do.  We decided to keep pushing forward with the job offer I've verbally accepted.  I went to my current school district's HR today to find out if I can get "released" from my contract early since I'm only part-time, and they didn't even take the time to talk to me to find out why, they were just like "no, it's 30 days.. blah blah."  I am mentally prepared to give them the 30 days notice, but I'm taking the last 2 weeks as "sick leave" since I have like 26 days built up.  They only take .6 credit per day that I'm out since I'm only a 60% employee, and to get full-time with medical benefits is TOTALLY worth taking the sick leave.  Hopefully my principal will let me do that, if I agree to leave sub plans (etc) or something like that.

Faithfully pressing onwards... and this week my verse of inspiration is Romans 8:28-39 - More Than Conquerors.  WE are children of the KING OF KINGS and he has our very best interests at heart.  :-) 
  • edited December 2011
    My job is still really rough, I'm looking for another  job now. I'm coming home every few days either really mad or in tears. Today, God showed me it's time to move on so I'm doing just that. School is hard starting into with online classes, praying I can get started and set with those. Wedding stuff is okay it's just having it all come together.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Aw, Leah... so sorry your job is making you feel that way.  Glad to see you're letting God show you that you need to look for a new opportunity!  Let us know how it goes, etc.  If you were in my area I'd definitely do what I could to help.  Love this board and the girls who post!  Prayers for you! 
  • edited December 2011
    Our young adults pastor recently delivered a sermon on the storms of life, and it was really encouraging.

Matthew- 24 
    “Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. 26 And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. 27 And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell, and great was the fall of it.”

Our pastor explained that the man who built his house on the rock (God) was not exempt from the storm, but did not fall because of the storm. God will never give us anything we cannot handle. I find this message so encouraging!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards