Christian Weddings

Monday QOTD

What are some of your favorite charities to donate to?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Monday QOTD

• there's a great local organization in my community that provides Christmas presents for deserving families.  every homeroom at my high school would pick a family to help and we'd literally proviede them with an entire Christmas (food and pressies!).  it was always so rewarding.
  • World Vision.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Make a Wish.

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Compassion International! We sponsor a little girl through them. We also do Operation Christmas Child at Christmas through Samaritan's Purse. And we like Make-A-Wish too. 
  • Samaritans Purse... My grandparents donate money to it at christmas in our names [ my other cousins over the age of 18]  instead of presents.

Also i give to the Ronald McDonald house with spare change/dollars when I am at McDonalds.

Love is All You Need
  • Friends of the Children - Portland.  Our criteria is a) local, b) use 90%+ of their income to directly help people (as opposed to pay the mortgage, light bill, etc), c) somehow help people have a brighter future (hand up instead of a hand out), d) very transparent with their financials.  FOTC is all those things.  They identify at risk kids in kindergarten after several weeks of observation and then mentor them weekly from kindergarten through high school graduation.  The majority of their students have at least one parent incarcerated and/or a parent who didn't finish high school and/or are the product of a teen parent.  Statistically, these kids should follow in their parents' footsteps, but 95%+ graduate high school and go on to college without ending up in the penal system or becoming a teen parent.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards