Washington-Seattle
Options

Costco Wine Help?

I'd like to buy our wedding wine and I need some recommendations for red and white wine around $10 or under from Costco. Any suggestions? We have around 130 guests coming and I'm planning on buying around 40 bottles. So hard to know if people will drink more beer or more wine.

Photobucket

Re: Costco Wine Help?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't make any recommendations on how much to buy because we got A LOT and have a lot left over.  I can say we bought from Costco whites: Chateau Ste. Michelle Reisling ($7/bottle) and Hogue Pinot Grigio (they had some rebate special going on).  The red we got from Costco was Twisted Zinfandel in the magnum bottles.  The other red we bought from Safeway beacuse they had a sale going prices of the Pinot Grigio or Zinfandel from Costco, but I can say they were definitely under $10 per 750 ml bottle.  If you only want to do 1 white and 1 red, Costco does sell magnum bottles of Columbia Crest's Two Vines in a Merlot-Cab for red and Chardonnay for white which I believe priced out to about $10/magnum bottle (so really about $5 per normal sized bottle).
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We bought wine from the Wine Outlet in Seattle for $7-$8 per bottle, and we bought 4 cases (48 bottles) for 90 people.  We also bought 3 cases of Prosecco at Pete's Wine Shop for $8/bottle, so don't be afraid to try places other than Costco, too!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    christinbeardchristinbeard member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Trader Joe's is another great option. I am not if they can get you cases of wine but many get options are there for around $5 a bottle.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am with Jenny Anne, definatley check out Pete's wine. They sales guys there can make some great recommendations for you.
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My favorite and also a freinds and family party WINNER... Dunham Cellars... you can't go wrong. Ever.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Trader Joes- good wine for CHEAP! ANd you can bring back whatever you don't open...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards