Christian Weddings

Finally

I know I don't post much on this board so a quick recap for you girls.  So I was NEY and I would come hang out here because you girls were so nice and great.  But it was making me a little BSC to hang out on a board with so much wedding planning going on.  So I came around less often but I still read the posts and such, I just didn't post.  So I wanted to let you guys know what happened on Sunday:

So on Sunday Noah and I took the day off work to go hiking before we bucked down to school for the year.  We hiked for 4 miles to this one lake. Noah convinced me that we needed to hike to the top of this ridge with a waterfall. As we are hiking I am thinking wow the top of this ridge would be a great place to propose.  No stop it you don’t need to ruin this afternoon by thinking you are getting engaged. So we get to the top of the ridge and we have lunch.  Then we walked to the top of the ridge to take pictures but he brings along this little black bag.  Noah then asked if he can have the camera.  I hand it to him and he hands it back then takes it and puts it down on the ground with the black bag.  He starts saying sweet things to me, like how much I have taught him, to dream, to cry.  All so sweet.  He then tells me “I have a present for you.”  He gives me this box.  I said “Are you proposing?”  He was so cute when he said “Kinda.”  He finished unwrapping the box and pulls out this ring box.  He gets down on one knee and says my full name, will you marry me?  I said Yes!  So we are engaged!!!  WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTT!  I’m so happy!  Beyond happy!  Blissful really.  The ring is so lovely. It is a beautiful ring.  I was totally surprised :)    So I just wanted to tell you all because I am so excited!!!!  Sorry if this doesn’t make sense, I’m kind of giddy!
Anyways I will post pictures if you girls want to see but ya I am thrilled!  So maybe I will be arond more now that I won't be going BSC to be on here!  :)
"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

Re: Finally

• fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your engagement and welcome back!  Happy {official} planning!!
  • mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so happy for you!! I've been kind of stalking NEY for a while when I noticed you weren't around here. I get kind of attached to people. Haha.

Pictures of the ring, PLEASE! I love looking at rings. :)

Edit: You have a date already?! Girl, you are good! It took us over a month to set a date!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    SO excited for you!! CONGRATS! 

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  Hehe, I definitely know how frustrating it can be waiting for a proposal, but once it's there, it's so exciting.  You can now be the next Orthodox Christian wedding expert on the board to replace me, haha.  (I assume it will be an Orthodox wedding?)  If you ever have any questions, feel free to contact me.
  • ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_finally-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:ae683b45-2589-4611-aa3d-5ac81f5f6c0fPost:38109c13-e70a-42c0-8605-30466bdc466e">Re: Finally</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm so happy for you!<strong>! I've been kind of stalking NEY for a while when I noticed you weren't around here. I get kind of attached to people</strong>. Haha. Pictures of the ring, PLEASE! I love looking at rings. :) Edit: You have a date already?! Girl, you are good! It took us over a month to set a date!!
    Posted by mrandmrsbrist[/QUOTE]
    <p class="MsoNoSpacing">Aw :) <3 That is sweet.<span>  </span>I get attached to people too :)<span>  </span>Yes ring pictures! </p> <p class="MsoNoSpacing">Oh the date, lol, well it is a tentative date but basically there are only three dates that would work for us and only one of them that I really want to do. So it is not the for sure date but it is the one I'm pretty sure date.<span>  </span>Granted I don't have a Venue or even the church yet but hey it is worth a shot!<span>  </span>Plus we are having a shorter engagement so we are trying to stay on top of things!</p> <p class="MsoNoSpacing">Pictures!<span>  </span>Go to here! :</p> <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.ravennevermorevermore.wordpress.com">www.ravennevermorevermore.wordpress.com</a>

Thank you all for the congrats :)  <3 you guys!
    Edit: Gjones sorry I didn't see your post.  Yes it will be Orthodox and most likely in San Fran too!  Thanks I will try to throw my Orthodox opinions out there now and agiain :D
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• edited December 2011
    Congrats girl! Glad to see you back! Enjoy the planning! 
  • edited December 2011
    congrats, happy planning!!

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • SoonToBeGenaoSoonToBeGenao member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay!!! Congrats! That's such a great story :)
    There's only 1 way 2 say those 3 words and that's what I'll do... I love you Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!  Your ring is so pretty!  I would have loved a ring like that instead of a diamond but DH had a diamond from his grandma so he had that set in a beautiful setting. 

Keep us posted on your planning!!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Ravenray!  Did you have any church in SF in mind?  We got married at Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church in the City, which in my opinion is the most beautiful church there.  It's the oldest Greek church west of Chicago.  The priest there is awesome, too.  As I mentioned in my writeup of my wedding, he surprised us by going out of his way to get us a Brazilian chantor to do the responses in Portuguese!  

I liked your ring, too!  
  • edited December 2011
    congrats again ray!  :)  we were engaged 8.5 months and it was plenty of time, so you'll be fine!! 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_finally-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:ae683b45-2589-4611-aa3d-5ac81f5f6c0fPost:38109c13-e70a-42c0-8605-30466bdc466e">Re: Finally</a>:
    [QUOTE]Edit: You have a date already?! Girl, you are good! It took us over a month to set a date!!
    Posted by mrandmrsbrist[/QUOTE]
    I have you beat.  It took FI and I about 7.5 months to set a date!  :-P  Lol.

Congrats on your engagement!  I always get so excited when other people get engaged!  I can't wait to start hearing about all of your plans!

ETA:  I LOVE your ring!  I'm a huge fan of sapphire!
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_finally-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:ae683b45-2589-4611-aa3d-5ac81f5f6c0fPost:2795cc07-ef77-43ef-9ae8-bc541dd56c23">Re: Finally</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Finally : Aw :) <3 That is sweet.   I get attached to people too :)   Yes ring pictures! Oh the date, lol, well it is a tentative date but basically there are only three dates that would work for us and only one of them that I really want to do. So it is not the for sure date but it is the one I'm pretty sure date.   Granted I don't have a Venue or even the church yet but hey it is worth a shot!   Plus we are having a shorter engagement so we are trying to stay on top of things! Pictures!   Go to here! : <a href="http://www.ravennevermorevermore.wordpress.com" rel='nofollow'>www.ravennevermorevermore.wordpress.com</a> Thank you all for the congrats :)  <3 you guys!
    Posted by ravenray[/QUOTE]

I hope everything works out with your date! I'm excited to hear about all your planning. Your ring is gorgeous. I love, love, love it! Diamond and sapphire go together really well, IMO.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_finally-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:ae683b45-2589-4611-aa3d-5ac81f5f6c0fPost:070c9cdd-2bad-492d-98b8-4b9e13f35e35">Re: Finally</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Finally : I have you beat.  It took FI and I about 7.5 months to set a date!  :-P  Lol.
    Posted by sessionswedding[/QUOTE]

I think I would have lost my mind. But I've told you several times that there are things happening for you (like the freaking invitations with your freaking FMIL) that would have made me lose it...
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • edited December 2011
    awwwww congrats!!
    imageAnniversary
  • faith415faith415 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!! I absolutely LOVE your ring. I really wanted mine to be a sapphire, but gave FI full reign since I knew that wasn't really what he wanted to get me. Happy Planning!
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all!  :)  Thank you, I adore my ring.  Blue is my favorite color :)

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_finally-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:ae683b45-2589-4611-aa3d-5ac81f5f6c0fPost:e6de4217-2bb8-4b5d-8d40-d35501f9aa2b">Re: Finally</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Ravenray!  Did you have any church in SF in mind?  We got married at Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church in the City, which in my opinion is the most beautiful church there.  It's the oldest Greek church west of Chicago.  The priest there is awesome, too.  As I mentioned in my writeup of my wedding, he surprised us by going out of his way to get us a Brazilian chantor to do the responses in Portuguese!   I liked your ring, too!  
    Posted by GJones27[/QUOTE]
    Um yes.  I really want to get married in The Old Russian Cathedral (IDK the saint?).  I know the priest well and it is so beautiful.  Wow that is awesome.  I did really love your pictures. I'll look in to it as we still haven't talk to Father about it. However, we really want our priest to marry us.  I am more worried about a venue.  Right now I am looking for those.  I am not so worried about the church lol.

Married! May 27th, 2012

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_finally-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:ae683b45-2589-4611-aa3d-5ac81f5f6c0fPost:18a82e88-683b-4332-bf96-63bd96b754c7">Re: Finally</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you all!  :)  Thank you, I adore my ring.  Blue is my favorite color :) In Response to Re: Finally : Um yes.  I really want to get married in The Old Russian Cathedral (IDK the saint?).  I know the priest well and it is so beautiful.  Wow that is awesome.  I did really love your pictures. I'll look in to it as we still haven't talk to Father about it. However, we really want our priest to marry us.  I am more worried about a venue.  Right now I am looking for those.  I am not so worried about the church lol.
    Posted by ravenray[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes, I know the one you're speaking of, but I haven't been there before.  I guess you couldn't always get the priests to co-celebrate your marriage.  I've even heard of an OCA priest doing that with a Greek priest in an Orthodox church.  If you're looking for a venue recommendation, my reception was in Sausalito at the Spinnaker.  They did a fabulous job, the venue overlooks the Bay, the food is delicious, and their price is reasonable for the SF Bay Area.  In fact, it's not too far from the big Russian cathedral.  (Though you would have to watch for bridge traffic.)</div>
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_finally-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:ae683b45-2589-4611-aa3d-5ac81f5f6c0fPost:d009b2c8-3027-4afd-bd17-3702cd52289c">Re: Finally</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Finally : Yes, I know the one you're speaking of, but I haven't been there before.  I guess you couldn't always get the priests to co-celebrate your marriage.  I've even heard of an OCA priest doing that with a Greek priest in an Orthodox church.  If you're looking for a venue recommendation, my reception was in Sausalito at the Spinnaker.  They did a fabulous job, the venue overlooks the Bay, the food is delicious, and their price is reasonable for the SF Bay Area.  In fact, it's not too far from the big Russian cathedral.  (Though you would have to watch for bridge traffic.)
    Posted by GJones27[/QUOTE]

I think they could.  The priest know each other.  Now I just have to get ahold of one of the priests! Lol they are so elusive sometimes!  Thanks I will look into it but I want a place where I can have dancing :)  I am super excited though!

Married! May 27th, 2012

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards