Christian Weddings

So, which ring should H buy me?

H doesn't know it yet, but he's getting me a new ring for our 10 year anniversary (which is only 6.5 months away - wow!).

I want a blue topaz, as that's the December birthstone, and since it's our anniversary month, it seemed fitting.  I don't want to spend too much, but the reason I "need" a new ring is that I'm really hard on mine, which has a high setting and prongs.  We looked into getting it changed but it's too expensive and would require buying a larger diamond or changing the diamond shape to lower it into a bezel or tension setting.  So,  I want a new, inexpensive blue topaz ring for everyday wear and then I can wear my original ring for more special occasions, if that makes any sense at all.  Right now I don't wear a ring at all, or I wear my great-grandmother's engagement ring instead.

Here are some options.  Keep in mind that I have rather fat, sausage like fingers.  I also tend to be hard on the shank so anything too thin is likely to get broken.  Which do you like best?

For comparison, here is the ring I got married with (excuse the fact that I'm not wearing it - my fingers are swollen and it's uncomfortable).  It's not a great picture, but it's a marquis center diamond with small pave diamonds on either side in a two tone band.  The band is actually 3 2mm bands put together, so fairly wide for a woman's ring.

So, what say you?  Or is there something else out there that you like better?

Re: So, which ring should H buy me?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards