Christian Weddings
Options

Busy wedding weekend

I got to do some wedding stuff this weekend.  I went to my mom and dad's place and talked to my aunt about the decorations.  It is kind of overwelming because my opinion doesn't seem to matter, but I'm trying to just blow it off, I know that the hall will look beautiful, and my aunt is really enjoying doing this so I'm going to make the best of it. 

I also got to do my flowers this weekend!  they are not going to be how I first envisioned them but I think they are going to be beautfiul.  The Bridesmaids will have 3 orange, and 2 red gerbera dasies and they will be wrapped in purple ribbon.  I originally had thought of just Orange Gerbera daisies but the flower person thought I should put another color.  We decided that the red would help tie in the fall decorations at the hall and for the pictures.  (the bridesmaids are whering David's Bridal lapis) .  My bouquet is going to be red Gerbera daisies, Orange and yellow two toned roses, and black dalhlias.  I'm very excited to see the finished product in about 3 1/2 months! 

how was everyone elses weekend?  Did you get any wedding stuff done?
"Faith Hope and Love are some good things he gave us, and the greatest is Love"

Re: Busy wedding weekend

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Glad you had a great weekend!  Mine was alright. 

WR:  I took 3 of my 6 BMs to order their dresses on Friday, and earlier today I ordered 100 more invitations because FMIL wants to invite an exorbitant amount of people to our wedding (long story, lol).

NWR:  I did 81 sit-ups yesterday for my 200 sit-ups challenge and I am SO SORE!  I have been consistently doing the sit-ups every other day, but I think I may actually need an extra day to recover this time.  I really hit the wall yesterday.  Today I started the 100 push-ups challenge by taking the initial placement test, and I did 29 wall push-ups, which started me in column 3 of week 3 on the challenge, so I felt pretty good about that.  :D
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    faith415faith415 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My weekend has been pretty boring. I started packing up my apartment to move and today I worked all day.
    WR: I've just been browsing through different ideas for the wedding. I'm going home next weekend and will be doing wedding stuff with my mom then. Tommorrow I'm planning on going to Michaels and looking around at what they have for the DIY projects I'm planning.
  • Options
    Purple&7Purple&7 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been lazy with everything and you ladies make me look bad. I really need to start looking at BM dresses and a cake design. I have been exercising some though, which is a start/good thing.
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got a ton done!

Had my first fitting (as you all know)
    FG and RB's mom ordered dresses for the FG's.

Bought table numbers and FG basket from a friend.
    Bought guest book, birdcage for cards, and RB pillow online.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your flowers sound beautiful, Stacy!! I haven't done much this weekend. FI and I are just hanging out at my parents house while they're in Alaska. We watched a lot of movies and just enjoyed spending time together!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Stacy- Your flowers sound beautiful! I love Gerberas and my bouquet and BM's bouquets will have them too- orange ones, like you (with tigerlilies and royal blue and turquoise accents). 

Purple- Don't feel bad, you still have 11 months! Plenty of time! 

My weekend, let's see... Friday we celebrated my aunt's birthday and mom and dad helped me make my first centerpiece (we will be doing the rest this Friday)

Saturday I went to the reception venue to make sure the DVD slideshow worked and then FI and I went to game night at our friends' 

Sunday was church and then I just came home and got tons of WR stuff done.

WR stuff during any free time this weekend- made my DIY ring bearer pillow, finished the card box, organized everything, printed info for our final meetings with the florist and DJ this week, printed info for the hotel. Printed the seating chart. Made a rehearsal/wedding day schedule for all BM's, GM's, parents, readers, etc. and made a list of things I need to remember to take! I also wrapped all BM's and parents' gifts... Lots accomplished! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards