Christian Weddings
Options

Tuesday QOTD

Do you have any weird food habits? Won't let your food touch, eat one group of food first, etc?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Tuesday QOTD

• Options
    I'm extremely picky.  I have a very short list of foods I will eat, and I will go hungry before I will eat something that's not on that mental list.  If you try to force me to eat a food that's not on that list, I will actually get a fight or flight response.  If you manage to get the food into my mouth, I will probably throw up.  It's quite embarrassing actually to be out in public like at a party and not want to eat anything and have to make excuses.  I'm sure plenty of people I've met at parties must think I'm anorexic or something.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    Like sessions, I just can't eat something I don't like.  Going out to eat at new places gives me a lot of anxiety, though I've gotten a lot better. The wonders of the internet - I can look up menus online.  If there's nothing I'll eat, I "have a headache".  Or if we're visiting my ILs and learn that MIL is serving chicken pot pie for dinner, I have a headache. 

If the menu online is old and doesn't match the real menu, I'll order something I think I might like.  If I don't like it, DH and I will switch plates back and forth (because "we want to try each other's food") so he can eat of my plate and make it look like I've eaten.  Unfortunately I think MIL has caught on to this.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    If I have to eat something I don't enjoy very much, I usually it that thing first to get it out of the way. That's not really all that strange, so maybe I don't have any strange food habits. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'll try anything once, and there are very few things I can't at least pretend to like for one meal, but I despise raw onions and any spiciness above mild.  
  • Options
    I'm one of those weird "don't let my food touch" people.  I also eat all of one thing before moving onto the next, and I drink my drink last. Also, i don't eat beef or pork.
  • Options
    I don't like to mix textures in one bite. For example, I don't like crisp lettuce on my soft sandwich.
    But I'll combine different textures in the same snack, as long as I can eat them separately. My favorites are something crunchy/salty with something soft/sweet. Like Sour Patch Kids and popcorn.
  • Options
    I'm not too picky of an eater, but I really hate pickles.  I always give them to FI.  He finds this very amusing, and is convinced that someday when I'm pregnant I will suddenly decide to live on pickles.  It's also his go-to fake threat, ie "If you don't hurry up, I'll make you eat pickles on your hamburger." 
  • Options
    I'll try just about everything, but I am paranoid about experation dates. If it's even remotely close to being bad, I won't touch it. And if I do eat it, I'll think myself sick. 

Drives FI insane! 
    PostCeremony-131.1
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_tuesday-qotd-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:b2eb7611-60da-493b-acd0-67f7f8fc490bPost:40bbf796-bfab-47bf-8866-3cc592f03aed">Re: Tuesday QOTD</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't like to mix textures in one bite. For example,<strong> I don't like crisp lettuce</strong> on my soft sandwich. But I'll combine different textures in the same snack, as long as I can eat them separately. My favorites are something crunchy/salty with something soft/sweet. Like Sour Patch Kids and popcorn.
    Posted by azdancer8[/QUOTE]

I don't like really crispy lettuce period.  I only started liking lettuce when I tried mixed baby greens which are softer (for lack of a better word).  I didn't eat lettuce for years because all that was served in my family was crispy iceberg.  I also didn't like salad dressing either - I make my own. :)
  • Options
    The only weird habit I have is I hate the white part of ice burg lettuce. I always pick it out and won't eat it.

I am not an overall picky eater but I will not touch chicken pot pie or sloppy Joes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    No weird habits, just lots of allergies. :/ No gluten, dairy, beef or eggs here!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited February 2012
    No weird habits.  I usually eat from various parts of my plate, put things on the fork together.  I hate onions and mayonnaise.  I didn't eat fish until I was ~19 but now I love it.  I do cut my food into quite small pieces, my H always makes fun of me for how long it takes me to eat my dinner because of it.  I have a small mouth!  And I like to be semi-dainty.

My H eats things on his plate in increasing order of how much he likes it - so he will eat the stuff he dislikes first, and save his favourite for last.  He doesn't know how much I pay attention to it, but I do take mental notes on things he eats first so I can avoid cooking them in the future, or ask him what he thinks would make it better.  I'd rather cook foods that we both enjoy.
  • Options
    My food can't touch AT ALL.   Like some of the other ladies on this board, I, too, and a VERY picky eater.  I'll usually eat my least favorite part of a meal first (usually the meat, which would be chicken since it's the only meat I'll eat) and then move onto the more favorable parts. I also will not even allow anything with a bone to be on my plate.  If it was cooked on the bone and FI offers to cut it off the bone for me, I still won't eat it since I've seen it on the bone.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Options
    I'm super picky! I won't eat fish.

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options

I realized I was picky when i met my FI and started eating at his house with his family ... He mixes EVERYTHING and I just cant even look at his plate while he is doing this ...

I need cold food to stay cold and hot food to stay hot and never a cross inbetween to room temperature unless it is sapose to...

I'm from central PA and it is primarily "ducth" food here and if you do not understand what I mean just know it means tons of carbs , starch and fat fat fat fat and cholesterol ... Buffets are just everywhere.... I can't stand wachting people shovel food into their mouths like that ...

I am having a hard time finding a venue in my county that isnt ducth food and everyone thinks I'm crazy around here becuase I do not like the food of the area.

Love is All You Need
  • Options
    I don't let my food touch. If I put ketchup on my plate my fries can't slide into it.  I only eat one thing at at time. And I usually save my favorite food to eat last.

I used to be a really picky eater, but now I'm starting to grow out of it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards