Monday QOTD

Are you a reader?

Bonus: If yes, are you on goodreads?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Monday QOTD

• Ash61612Ash61612 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited January 2012
    I love to read! I have always been a huge reader. There is nothing else I would rather do.

I am on goodreads. I love it because it is a great way to discover new books and I am a member of 2 book groups on that site.
  • Yes yes yes!

And yes, I'm on Goodreads- not very active recently (blame school) but I drop in every once in awhile. Feel free to add me!:

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I love to read.  FI and I spent an hour or so yesterday just sitting together reading.  It was very relaxing.  I've never heard of goodreads, though - maybe I'll check it out.
  • I AM a reader and I AM on Goodreads.  Just click the icon in my siggy to go to my read shelf.  I welcome friend requests from fellow Knotties!

I am trying to read more now that I have more free time.  You'll notice a big gap in my read shelf for college and wedding planning where I read little to nothing from like mid-2006 - mid-2011, lol.  I am currently re-reading the Hunger Games trilogy for my November 2011 Knotties book club.  This is my fourth time through and I'm taking it much slower, so it'll be a while probably before another book appears on my list, haha.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Yes!  I use goodreads to keep track of what I want to read.  I was always misplacing my handwritten list.  I also like looking at the recommendations.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yes, I love to read. Unfortunately graduate school has taken up my reading time. I cannot wait until I am done so that I can go back to reading what I want.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I love to read, but I'm really picky about which books.  I'm currently reading "Grace for the Good Girl" by Emily Freeman.  It's great.  

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_monday-qotd-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:b3b4c276-f8ac-43d5-83f0-d96000be1ab4Post:922039be-b73e-4e53-8097-ac2df3e5b922">Re: Monday QOTD</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes, I love to read. Unfortunately graduate school has taken up my reading time. I cannot wait until I am done so that I can go back to reading what I want.
    Posted by BluIvory82[/QUOTE]

<div>This. Exactly. Right now I'm learning Biblical Greek which means all my free time is out the window! This summer I am not taking any classes so hopefully I will have more time to read! </div>
    PostCeremony-131.1
  • Yes! Since I'm only doing one class at a time and working part time, I have a LOT of time to read! Goodreads is in my sig :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Yes@!  I love to read (though H hates it) and read even more now that i have my Kindle.  I am also on goodreads, though I do tend to neglect it.  Anyone know if you can update Goodreads right from the kindle?  That would be helpful.
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_monday-qotd-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:b3b4c276-f8ac-43d5-83f0-d96000be1ab4Post:768cf9aa-fda3-483e-b1b6-bbb17c0e4612">Re: Monday QOTD</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes@!  I love to read (though H hates it) and read even more now that i have my Kindle.  I am also on goodreads, though I do tend to neglect it.  Anyone <strong>know if you can update Goodreads right from the kindle?</strong>  That would be helpful.
    Posted by DramaGeek[/QUOTE]
    I know that there's a Goodreads app.  I have it on my Android phone.  You might want to see if that's the case for the Kindle.

ETA:  I am also friend requesting everyone in this thread that I wasn't already friends with on Goodreads, haha.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Honeslty no Embarassed I'm hoping to get into reading more after I graduate.
  • I am an English teacher so I read all the time-- not always things I want to be reading, but I love it and love discussing books-- the reason I decided to teach high school :). I'm hoping to take advantage of the summer and do some reading of my own (not dictated by the curriculum haha). 
  • I was a HUGE reader from the time I learned to read until about 8th or 9th grade... Then I got away from it.... Then I really didn't like reading. This past year I have been trying to get back into it more. I read the Bible in its entirety in 2011. So far this year all I have read is Crazy Love by Francis Chan. Now I am on Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo. I am becoming more of a reader again and I can't wait to start getting some books on my Kindle Fire. Any recs??

Never heard of Goodreads. What is it?
  • Yes, especially now that I have the EReader I got from my mother for Christmas. 

I agree... what's Goodreads? 
  • Yes, but I'm in grad school and don't do a lot of fun reading. On our HM I read 7 books though! So when I'm in the mood I fire through them. I usually have something on the go, but sometimes it takes a few months to read. I am not on goodreads. Currently reading Wildflowers of Terezin. Just finished The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.
  • Goodreads is a site where you can rate books, create a "read" list, "to read" list and join book clubs. I have discovered more books then I normally have thanks to this site. I highly recommend it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_monday-qotd-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:b3b4c276-f8ac-43d5-83f0-d96000be1ab4Post:2081263a-9486-46f0-bb59-ebfcaf026aac">Re: Monday QOTD</a>:
    [QUOTE]Goodreads is a site where you can rate books, create a "read" list, "to read" list and join book clubs. I have discovered more books then I normally have thanks to this site. I highly recommend it.
    Posted by Ash61612[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Thanks Ash! </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards