Christian Weddings

Really quick prayer request

I have a meeting in 30 minutes with a couple people from the hospital I work for.  They are trying to do this project, and wanted to hire an outside company to do it.  This outside comany wants to charge a large amount of money.  So because this project is in an area where I have a bit of background work experience, they want to see if I can do it instead.  Since I'm already a hospital employee, it would technically be free.

Here's the problem:  I did interface design work, and I think they're wanting me to do background programming work...in a programming language that I don't even know.  My immediate supervisor told me that it's no big deal if I can't do it, she just thought it would be worth a shot to see if I could do ANY of it to save some money.  But the CIO came to me this morning and it sounds like he's pretty much counting on me to pull through.

In any case, I'm probably gonna have to tell everyone that they wasted time holding this meeting, and that I can't do it for them - at least not in any reasonable amount of time.  I am really worried about the reaction.  Not that I think I'm gonna get fired, but I feel like I'm gonna let a lot of people down, and that really sucks.

I could use some prayers for guidance and courage and to not be so sad about this.
image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
17/100 books read in 2013

Re: Really quick prayer request

• SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow that sounds intensive. Definitely don't let the pressure get to you for a project that could be overwhelming and over your head.

Praying for guidance and support at your meeting!
  • kitkat610kitkat610 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hope the meeting goes well. You went above and beyond offering to do even some. I am sure they recognize that. Its good that you are being honest, and I hope the apprehension passes quickly
    thoughts and prayers for you!
  • edited December 2011
    I hope that the meeting goes well.  And maybe even if you cann't do the entire project yourself you can assist and they don't need to outsource the entire project.  A good executive will respect you for saying "I don't know the language." because telling them outright will save them time and money.
    "Faith Hope and Love are some good things he gave us, and the greatest is Love"
  • edited December 2011
    I hope the meeting goes/went well. It's better to be honest about what you are capable of doing, so just stick with that and they should understand! Let us know how it goes.
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm praying! I totally agree the girls-- better to be honest about your abilities than get stuck doing something you don't feel comfortable doing.

Let us know how it goes!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    So, it really didn't go all that bad.  The person in charge of the project says he sees some holes in the original quote where the company wanted to charge us for things we didn't need, so he's going to see how far he can bring the price down by doing that - before we even touch the programming.  If he does well enough, I may not need to do anything on that project.

He then talked to me about some much smaller projects that I would be much better able to handle - and he asked me which programming languages I'm most comfortable in, so that we can use those if we need to.  Whew!  That's muuuuch better!
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sad I didn't see this before, but I'm glad it's working out!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry I didn't see this sooner! Glad it went well! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards