Christian Weddings
Options

Down the aisle?

What were your ceremony songs? What did the bridesmaids and you walk down the aisle to, and back up to? Did you have any other songs in there, for a unity candle, sand ceremony, etc?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Down the aisle?

• Options
    We're having an accoustic guitarist play. I'm planning to use Canon in D for the bridesmaids. And Once Upon a Dream from Sleeping Beauty for me. We're not too sure what we will use for walking back up the aisle.. maybe a Beatles song, maybe Journey's Don't Stop Believing (the FI wants that.) For the unity candle I think we might use Edelweiss.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Processional for Grandma/Parents: You Raise Me Up on piano

Processional for BMs and me: Canon in D flute/piano duet

Unity Candle: All I Ask of You from Phantom of the Opera on piano

Recessional: All You Need is Love by The Beatles
  • Options
    Arioso- processional
    Rondeau- bridal march

I don't really remember anything else.... Sad...

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    We just had a pianist play for the ceremony.

Prelude: Great Is Thy Faithfulness, All I Ask Of You (from Phantom of the Opera), and one other I can't really remember right now

Processional: Canon in D/Wedding March

Unity Candle/Presentation of Roses: All I Ask Of You

Recessional: Linus and Lucy

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_down-the-aisle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:d34470c5-fa97-40ab-8d44-dd0eae783ce7Post:e90f0265-876a-4933-a80b-08ce90dc97d8">Re: Down the aisle?</a>:
    [QUOTE] Recessional: Linus and Lucy
    Posted by agape1cor813[/QUOTE]

We were originally going to have a pianist and my FI wanted this! It's so cute
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_down-the-aisle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:d34470c5-fa97-40ab-8d44-dd0eae783ce7Post:a18345ec-6f09-4e0f-8890-87fc21d09828">Re: Down the aisle?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Down the aisle? : We were originally going to have a pianist and my FI wanted this! It's so cute
    Posted by orangehills[/QUOTE]

<div>DH and I are HUGE Peanuts fans, and to us there is no song that more fun and joyful than Linus and Lucy. </div>
  • Options
    I had to pull up my wedding program to remember..... 

Processionals:
    Grandmothers: Clair De Lune

Mothers:The Swan

Bridesmaids:Pachelbel’s Canon

Me:Storybook Love

Unity Ceremony Love Never Fails

Recessional: Toss the Feathers

imageAnniversary
  • Options
    I walked down the aisle to one of the scores from LOST, haha.  So did the mothers, BMs, etc.  The recessional was "How in the World" by Family Force 5.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited July 2012
    Moms & Grandparents- Parents' Prayer (Steven Curtis Chapman)

Prelude/Unrolling the Aisle Runner- For the Beauty of the Earth

Processional (guys enter from side, bridesmaids and bride down aisle)- Alla Luce Del Dio

Congregational- The Doxology

Slideshow- A Page is Turned (Bebo Norman)

Cord of Three Strands- Love Never Fails (Brandon Heath)

Signing of Marriage Covenant- When I Say I Do (Matthew West)

Recessional- Throne Room (Star Wars)

Postlude- The Best Thing, Taking You With Me, Must've Done Something Right (Relient K)
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_down-the-aisle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:d34470c5-fa97-40ab-8d44-dd0eae783ce7Post:e9a5b7d4-2e97-479b-b527-177f5b75b111">Re: Down the aisle?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I walked down the aisle to one of the scores from LOST, haha.  So did the mothers, BMs, etc.  The recessional was "How in the World" by Family Force 5.
    Posted by sessionswedding[/QUOTE]

Haha that's awesome, I loved that show. They had SUCH pretty music. The very last scene in the last episode, that music was awesome, it made me cry- I think they used that music throughout the whole show though.
    (In fact I just went to Youtube and am listening to it now...)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Bridal party Love from Disney's Robin Hood Me Candle on the Water from Pete's Dragon Recessional Take Me Out to the Ball Game
  • Options
    Prelude: standard organ repertoire, lots of Bach
    Processional: The Church's One Foundation
    Sermon Hymn: Sing Praise to God Who Spoke Through Man
    Offertory Hymn: John Newton's wedding hymn, I can never remember the name
    Communion Hymn: Adoro Devote
    Recessional: For All the Saints
    Postlude: Fanfare on Sine Nomine

service music: standard Mass setting at my parish
  • Options
    Processional: Laudate Dominum (mothers, grandmothers) and Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring (bridal party and me)
    Hymns during the service (with the congregation): Blest Are They, Beautiful Saviour
    During the registry signing: Come What May (from Moulin Rouge)
    Recessional: Happy Together by the Turtles, we printed the words in the program and the guests sang along with us as we bopped out down the aisle.  Lots of fun.

I didn't dictate the prelude and postlude songs, I just let the pianist/violinist do their thing, it was pretty calm standard background classical stuff.
  • Options
    Before the wedding we had bunch of songs by our favorite Christian artists being played in the background.

Our prelude and what the mothers came in to was "Love is Not A Fight" by Warren Barfield.

My BMs and I walked in to two pieces that DH had composed for piano. :)

We had "When You Say You Love Me" by Josh Groban sung during communion.

Our recessional was "I'm Taking You with Me" by Relient K.
  • Options
    Music before wedding- Here With Me and God With Us by Mercy Me (piano only, no lyrics)

Seating of mothers- I Can Only Imagine by Mercy Me (piano only, no lyrics)

Bridesmaids- Canon in D (piano only)

Me- Romantic Wedding March by Miranda Wong (piano only)

Music during God's Knot braiding- When I Say I Do by Newsong and Natalie Grant (piano and guitar and sung by my BM and pastor's husband)

Recessional- Forever by Chris Tomlin (piano only, no lyrics)

Music as guests filed out- All of Creation by Mercy Me (piano only, no lyrics)
  • Options
    mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Prelude: Count on Me by CeCe Winans and Whitney Houston
    Processional: You're the one by CeCe Winans

Congregational Hymn: The longer I serve Him (the sweeter He grows)

Unity Candle: Ave Maria (Beyonce version) sung by my sister in law

Recessional: Fresh by Tye Tribbett
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_down-the-aisle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:d34470c5-fa97-40ab-8d44-dd0eae783ce7Post:bdb2e3a4-630d-422c-bc32-9653931e1029">Re: Down the aisle?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Moms & Grandparents- Parents' Prayer (Steven Curtis Chapman) Prelude/Unrolling the Aisle Runner- For the Beauty of the Earth Processional (guys enter from side, bridesmaids and bride down aisle)- Alla Luce Del Dio Congregational- The Doxology Slideshow- A Page is Turned (Bebo Norman) Cord of Three Strands- Love Never Fails (Brandon Heath) Signing of Marriage Covenant- When I Say I Do (Matthew West) Recessional- Throne Room (Star Wars) Postlude- The Best Thing, Taking You With Me, Must've Done Something Right (Relient K)
    Posted by fpaemp2011[/QUOTE]

I LOVE RELIENT K!
  • Options
    bridal party: "love story" by taylor swift, played on piano
    me: bridal march
    recessional: bag pipes
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Slide show: I will be here - steven curtis chapman
    The processional was all piano music with my uncle singing two songs.
    Parents seating: The parents prayer
    Uncle sang something but honestly, i forgot.
    Groom, GM and BMS: Canon in D
    Bride: Jesu, Joy of a Man's Desiring
    Surely the Presence of the Lord is in This Place: Sung by my uncle with Piano
    Processional: Shine Jesus Shine
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Parents, Grandparents, and Bridal Party: Hallelujah... blanking on the artists name. 
    Me: My Beloved by Kari Jobe
    PostCeremony-131.1
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards