Christian Weddings

First Dance Song?

Girlies, Im looking for a good firstdance song. Me and my FI have kind of different taste in music, he likes harder christian rock, and I'm like bring on chris tomlin, and bring on the country :). We both looove newsboys,paramore,david crowder,hillsong... anyways these are hard to find love song in them.. any ideas?? I want us to have a special song!
imageAnniversary

Re: First Dance Song?

• fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board, hiloak!  If you'd like, you can introduce yourself on the Welcome/Roll Call post at the top of the board.  Hope to "see" you around!

These are the songs we're considering for ours:
    God Gave Me You- Dave Barnes
    Light of Day- Jimmy Needham
    Love Is Not a Fight- Warren Barfield
    The Day Before You- Matthew West

**The following songs are in our wedding, but could be used for the first dance:
    "Love Never Fails"- Brandon Heath
    "When I Say I Do"- Matthew West

You can probably find most of these on YouTube to listen to.  Hope that helps!
  • edited December 2011
    I ditto what PP said - those are all great songs that she listed!!!
  • iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

My DH and I have similar tastes in music.  (Actually, very similar that it's kind of scary.)  Anyway, he loves Skillet, Pillar, Disciple, Stryper and other bands like that.  For our first dance he suggested "Forever Yours" by Michael Sweet (Stryper).  It was kind of long for a first dance song. (We felt like we were dancing forever!)  Other Stryper songs that might work are "Honestly" and "All of Me".  Of course I also like Emily's suggestions above.

• edited December 2011
    Songs that I would recommend for a first dance (And these are probably going to be more of your style than your man's, but it's worth a shot anyway. Tongue out)

A Page Is Turned-Bebo Norman
    Changed By You-Between The Trees
    I Will Be Here-Steven Curtis Chapman
    Ocean Wide-The Afters
    I'll Always Be Right There-Brian Adams

I also second "When I Say I Do" and "Love Never Fails"!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

• edited December 2011
    thanks :) girls! My FI likes The Afters, and I love Jimmy Needham fpae :). Awesome suggestions!!!
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards