Christian Weddings

Wedding Recap

Hey ladies!

Thank you all so much for the support and advice I have gotten from you along the way.  Here is a recap of the day.

The day was amazing! Well I only got about 5 hours of sleep which was killer, I was so tried by the end of the night. We (MOH and I) took a town car over to the hotel where we were going to be getting ready at. The rest of the girls showed up there. My photographer was suppose to show at 12. Since I hadn't heard from her I started calling her at 1140. At 1159 her husband calls me and was at the wrong hotel. When he showed up, he broke the bad news. My fabulous photographer was stuck in Tennessee because her car got broken into yesterday and everything was stolen and she had no way to fly home. I took it pretty well though, he also does photography, though not like her, and he had brought a second shooter (who was nothing special). There was really nothing I could have done anyways. I only got stressed out when my BM's made me late to take pictures, that pissed me off, but I got over it and I was able to get pictures in the church like I wanted. At 245 H(Squee!) and I did around the corner shots, he nearly broke my hand he was squeezing it so tight. The ceremony was so beautiful! Everything went perfectly. My flowers looked great, though not quite how I had imagined them but it worked. The only thing that sucked was we had to hold candles and the hot wax kept dripping on my hand, ouch. Also I got to talk to H throughout the ceremony, it was such a sweet and precious thing. His face was priceless when I walked in, he looked so happy! He didn't cry though and neither did I. He kept telling me how beautiful I looked. Aw! Then we went off to a park to take more pictures where another mishap happened. The two of us were standing in these trees when H felt something biting his leg. He had stepped in a bee's nest. He got bite like 7 times, and he is allergic a bit. We went fleeing from the scene, my dress got caught in my shoe so I was hobbling along screaming "bees! run for you lives!" Lol. Luckily H took some drugs which helped him a little. We left for the reception and had an amazing first dance. We didn't get a chance to practice at all so I was really nervous because it was a swing song and I have a bad habit of leading. But it was perfect. We did a great job except for the end where he went to dip me and because of the bee strings his legs gave out and we fell on the floor. It was really cute though because he kissed me and I wasn't hurt at all. Then we danced the night away! It was truly awesome day!

Us durning the service :) 

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

Re: Wedding Recap

• Wow, what a story! That's awesome that you kept such a positive attitude with all the unexpected things happening. I noticed in the picture that you are both wearing crowns. Is that a Catholic ceremony? By any chance, is it Melkite Catholic?

My MOH just got married 4 weeks ago and I was her MOH - she and her H had a Melkite Catholic wedding were also crowned. I had never seen anything like it, but it was pretty cool. Just curious.
  • Nope, I'm Russian Orthodox.  :)  That must have been fun for you.
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• so happy to read your post! Glad to hear things went well, it sounds like you handled the "mishaps" well. congrats Mrs!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congrats! Sounds amazing :)
    Love is All You Need
  • Congrats, Ravenray! Wow, that sounds like an adventure of a wedding. I have never seen a bee's nest in SF... Were you guys in Golden Gate Park? And that is crazy with the photographer; I hope your pictures still end up as beautiful! That is a beautiful picture there and I look forward to seeing the rest! Where are you heading for your honeymoon? Congratulations! :
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_wedding-recap-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:e179dab6-586d-47b7-a3f3-abb75f0a4c06Post:ec136283-c0c2-428d-bf81-88cdef1c733d">Re: Wedding Recap</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nope, I'm Russian Orthodox.  :)  That must have been fun for you.
    Posted by ravenray[/QUOTE]

Oh ok! Lol, they must have similar wedding traditions.
  • You handled the bee situation so well!  Glad you had a great day!  Post some more pictures when you have a chance.  The ceremony one is beautiful!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Sounds like a wonderful day with some great memories.  I hope you are happy with the photos you get.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_wedding-recap-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:e179dab6-586d-47b7-a3f3-abb75f0a4c06Post:c9a952ae-fd20-4e0d-ba13-5adc64681519">Re: Wedding Recap</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding Recap : Oh ok! Lol, they must have similar wedding traditions.
    Posted by 2012FutureMrsB[/QUOTE]

Roman Catholics don't use the crowns, though some of the eastern rites and orthodox churches do.
    We Do - Since November 3, 2012
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_wedding-recap-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:e179dab6-586d-47b7-a3f3-abb75f0a4c06Post:00a9ecf0-6a4a-4dfb-9e8d-e8664cd0e9fc">Re: Wedding Recap</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding Recap : Roman Catholics don't use the crowns, though some of the eastern rites and orthodox churches do.
    Posted by kgrawedding[/QUOTE]

Oh, ok, that makes sense. The Melkite Catholic is more of an Orthodox church - that must be why they use the crowns, but not Roman Catholic
  • Melkite Catholic is one of the Eastern Orthodoxy churches, more closely aligned with Greek Orthodox than with Roman Catholic.  They are a part of the eastern rites.
  • That's going to be a story to share for the rest of your lives! lol Did anyone get a good photo of you guys on the ground after the dance, I think that's one of the pictures I'd treasure most from the reception personally :)
    Love the photo you did share :) Congrats!
  • naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    Love it, glad the day went well through the hiccups!
  • Thanks for the recap! You looked beautiful!! Welcome back, Mrs!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Congrats! Crazy story, but it turned out perfect! Welcome to the wife club!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards