Christian Weddings
Options

Got an apartment!!

Hey ladies,

just wanted to say Praise God! for opening the doors so I could move into my own apartment this week. My BF and I are planning to get married in about a year (engagement ring is still coming, so we're not "official" yet). I recently moved to BF's town from out of state and so we agreed that I would stay with him and his mom temporarily until I could afford my own place. Well the time has come and I'm so excited. Sad to be away from BF, but I'll still see him often. This will also be better for our relationship b/c we're remaining abstinent until marriage, but being under the same roof all the time makes things very tempting! Money is still tight, but God provided just enough for the deposit and rent and today I found out there is no deposit for the utilities, so everything is ready to go!!

Also, I'm a teacher, but I found some work for the summer, so I'll have extra income to help pay for housing costs - praise God!
Weight Loss Center - Your Online Weight Loss Support Group

Re: Got an apartment!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Woohoo!  That sounds so awesome!
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    that is sooo amazing! God is good!!!! (: 

Also good job on staying abstinent until marriage. My FI are doing this also and we know it willbe very very rewarding and God will bless us!
  • Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Congrats!  I am glad you could move out.

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    Purple&7Purple&7 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's awesome! Congrats!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    YAY and Praise the Lord for providing for you!!!!  God always comes through.  Not necessarily on OUR timing .... but I continue to trust that he will come through for all of us who trust and love Him!!! :-) 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  And man, we have a ton of teachers on this board.  Wow!  What do you teach?
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!! God always provides!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the new place! Very exciting! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    DramaGeek - I teach 8th grade math and an 8th grade college-prep class called AVID. In the past, I've taught all levels of HS math and hope to get a HS job again, but am content with what I have for now since a lot of teachers are being cut! What do you teach? (I'm assuming you're a teacher too)
  • Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_got-apartment?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:eb538b0f-7706-4201-a13d-0d7e91a31116Post:4a6bc9f1-beb9-48d6-9e55-8780933fa742">Re: Got an apartment!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]DramaGeek - I teach 8th grade math and an 8th grade college-prep class called AVID. In the past, I've taught all levels of HS math and hope to get a HS job again, but am content with what I have for now since a lot of teachers are being cut! What do you teach? (I'm assuming you're a teacher too)
    Posted by perkins81[/QUOTE]

<div>I teach middle school theatre.  We have AVID at our school too!  I don't teach it, but most of my Advanced Theatre kids are in it.</div>
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so glad you were able to move out! God is good.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's so exciting! Congrats. I love when God opens doors for us Laughing

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is great news!  Congrats!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_got-apartment?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:eb538b0f-7706-4201-a13d-0d7e91a31116Post:89d9baac-f281-4dac-b654-9cf985089a43">Re: Got an apartment!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Got an apartment!! : I teach middle school theatre.  We have AVID at our school too!  I don't teach it, but most of my Advanced Theatre kids are in it.
    Posted by DramaGeek[/QUOTE]

Awesome!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Today, FMIL gave me a ton of kitchen utensils and other things she was planning to give me a year from now when she moves and gets married herself. Since I'm moving this week into my apartment, she went through all her stuff today and gave me a ton of things I can use b/c she knew I didn't have much of anything. Praise God for his many blessings! And thank you FMIL!!!! Our relationship was a bit rocky for a while, but a few weeks ago, it suddenly changed. I had to humble myself about some issues I had, but it was totally worth it! We still don't see eye to eye on everything, but we respect each other's decisions. Lately, she's been very supportive of me moving out (she wasn't at first b/c she wanted the additional money I contributed), but she's been really nice to me lately. And today's generosity is icing on the cake! It definitely humbles me and I want to continue getting to know her better and building our relationship Smile.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay for how your FMIL is supporting you in this move.  It must feel awesome after all you have been through!! :-)
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards