Christian Weddings
Options

How do you pray?

Do you have certain times of the day you pray? 

I admit I am not the most diligent when it comes to praying every day and I want to improve on this. Usually I pray at night before I go to bed but sometimes find myself falling asleep before I finish Undecided
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How do you pray?

• Options
    I have my "official" prayer time when I do my devos, sometimes in the morning, but sometimes in the afternoon or evening.. depending on the day. To keep my mind focused I write down my prayers in a prayer journal. I also record my devos, sermon notes, Bible study notes, etc. in the same journal, so it's not really just a prayer journal i guess.

Other than that, throughout the day when I'm commuting, when something happens out of the ordinary, when I think of it, I just say a little prayer in my head.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Since we have a personal relationship with God try to think of it like this, "when should I talk to my fiance or spouse to be? Should I wait intil bedtime when i am ready to sleep, should i talk to him at a set time and only talk to him then? Now me asking you these questions sound absurd to you but this how most people approach God. He wants to talk or pray to Him without ceasing which means all the time as you sense the Holy Spirit prompting you. For we have a personal relationship with God and that means we can talk or pray to Him anytime infact He loves to spend time with us! He is our Father, He calls us friend, He is our Wonderful Counselor, Provider, Healer, Comforter, Protector and so much more. So take every opportunity you have to pray to God and your relationship with Him will grow deeper and closer with each new day. Its not that God has anything to learn about for He already k ows wverything about you it is that you get to learn about Him.
  • Options
    I pray whenever it comes to mind, in my head. If I'm alone, I'll pray outloud. I try to remember to always pray before and during Bible reading. And I make sure I don't lmit my prayers to requests but also to praise and rejoicing

Most of my prayer is not just unspoken, but nonverbal. Just simply lifting my heart to Him, and trusting Him to translate its meaning. I've grown closer to Him since I started doing that.  Taking time to articulate words helps some times, but a lot of times I just have realized it's not needed. He knows what I need more than I do, so I just need to reach out and "touch" Him.
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • Options
    We have family prayer once a day, at night. I say my personaly prayers upon waking and before going to sleep - I use a prayer mat made with a cheap shower mat and acrylic paints (and letter stincles to say "Prayer Mat"). I also pray throughout the day whenever I feel like I need to remind God that I'm there - or, more acurately, when I feel like I need to remind myself that God is there. Anytime I'm tempted to do something I shouldn't or like I might need some extra help with a task. Don't ever feel like you need to be in a special place or set a special time to talk to God. Whenever you think to yourself, "i need to remember to pray" consider that this is God's way of telling you He wants to talk to you, right now. Unless there is something of immediate importance, take a few seconds to say a quick prayer. That's really all you need.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards