Christian Weddings
Options

Two weeks to go and Kid Update

You remember my kid invitation dilemma, right?  Well, my cousin-in-law has backed off on the whole "I have to bring my toddler and my 8-month old."  We don't know whether or not she and her husband will be coming for sure anymore, but another cousin (SIL to this cousin-in-law) is totally FINE coming without the kids and I think they are helping to smooth things over with that side of the family.

And in other positive news, we now have a babysitter for the nursery who is going to keep the 3-yr-old invited child (and the mother was actually RELIEVED when we called her to ask if she wouldn't mind putting him in the nursery during the ceremony only).  We're going to pay the babysitter (she's the daughter of one of our wedding guests) but she and her mom are also coming to the reception so I feel good about the whole thing now.  

We are just 19 days away from the BIG day now ... so lots of things are going through on the checklist:
- Bridal Shower Thank yous .... 27 to go!
- Confirm head count and menu with reception venue ... by July 1 ... we still need to hear from 25 people, but right now we anticipate 15 of those are probably declines.  (we've worked this list down from 62 who hadn't RSVP'd on time on June 16!)
- Music Must-Haves for the DJ ... and meeting with the DJ ... probably next week! 
- Need to send itinerary and maps to the wedding party ... hopefully by the end of today!!

At least at this point it's all down hill, the plans we've set into place are just being carried out as best as we can.

We still have 1 more pre-marital counseling session and the pastor is going to walk us through the ceremony on that one - July 5th!! :-) 

AHHH, I'm SO excited!!!! 
July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!

Re: Two weeks to go and Kid Update

• Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You're a busy girl!! 

I'm so glad everything with the children are working out and it looks like you're making great progress! 

I'm sure these next 2 weeks are going to fly by! YAY!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so excited for you!  Keep the info coming as best you can, I always like hearing about the last couple weeks and the craziness involved!
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    kitkat610kitkat610 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad to hear the details are all coming together! I hope the day is perfect for you :)
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So glad everything is coming together!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Glad it's all working out! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I still have to admit ... I'm sad about the 81 declines out of over 200 invited (probably 87 by the time we get the last 10 RSVP's in).  And the kid thing had nothing to do with it -- VERY few of our guests actually have kids, and only three sets out of ALL of them have young children, and they're the ones who are actually coming.

Anyone else ever get sad about "declines" or "regrets" on the RSVP's? 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards